Chapter Three

"Prince Roman and his... companions have shown interest in a private show... tonight," Virgil's heart dropped to his stomach at Damien's words; Roman had been so kind and caring, Logan and Patton too. And now... Virgil mentally berated himself; he had let his guard down, like an idiot, and expected, what? For some random prince and his boyfriends to whisk him away, to save him? Well, Virgil reminded himself, I don't need saving.
"Of course," Virgil said, swallowing around the lump in his throat (he wasn't about to cry, he just wasn't feeling well), "When should I expect them?" He asked, dreading the answer.
"After Duke Jayson," Damien answered. Virgil just nodded, returning to his food. It was silent again, just like most meals without Remus were, and it stayed that way until the Duke burst into the room, fuming.
"Where is he!" Remus yelled, staring at Damien.
The King sighed and pointed to Virgil seated in his chair, "He's exactly where he is every time this morning, Remus," Damien said, obviously exasperated.
Remus scoffed, pouting like a child, "Don't get so high and mighty with me, bitch! Why didn't you tell me Roman wanted a turn with him!" He yelled, pointing at Virgil, who was staring at his lap.
Damien rolled his eyes, gloved hands reaching for more food, "Because I knew you would react like a child! Honestly, Remus, he's paying us handsomely, so I don't see why you should care." Damien said, tone implicating that Remus should understand the simplicity of his statement.
Remus turned red, hands curling into fists at his sides, "Because!" He screamed, stomping his foot, "He's mine! Virgil is mine! And I don't want to share him with my stupid cousin!"
Damien waited for Remus to cool down, raising an eyebrow when he did, "Are you done, now?" he asked. Remus just pouted, slumping in the chair next to Virgil, "Finally," Damien muttered, Remus sticking his tongue out in reply, "Besides," Damien said, lifting his fork, "You have access to Virgil anytime. We have nine hours before the ball, and at least seven before we should be ready."
Remus turned to Virgil instantly, raising an eyebrow as he smiled. Virgil huffed quietly, gritting his teeth, "Well!" Remus exclaimed, running around the table and grabbing Virgil's hand, "What are we waiting for?" Remus didn't wait for an answer as he started dragging Virgil through the halls.
Virgil nearly fell into Remus when he stopped abruptly. Virgil furrowed his brow, confused why they were in the ballroom; Remus was, to put it simply, terrible at dancing. He didn't enjoy it either, actively avoiding it whenever possible. But maybe there was another reason they were here. Although, Virgil wasn't sure what that would be. "May I have this dance?" Remus asked suddenly, bowing. Virgil stood there, dumbfounded. "Why?" He wanted to ask, confused. Instead, he slowly extended his hand, and stared as Remus delicately kissed it. Remus never did anything delicately, especially not with Virgil.
They danced for hours. Twirling until Virgil though he might be sick, close enough that Virgil was sure Remus could hear his pounding heartbeat.
After finally stopping, Remus walked Virgil to his room. Before Remus closed the door, he smiled, saying, "I can be romantic, too Virgil. Keep that in mind." Before Virgil could respond, the door shut and he was left on his own, pondering over what Remus could have possibly been talking about.

                            ----

Virgil was exhausted. After another performance at the ball, and multiple private performances, all he wanted to do was sleep. But he needed to get ready for Roman, Patton, and Logan. Virgil was dreading the encounter, and cherished the time he had alone while he dressed and put on makeup. He had just finished the last of his eyeliner when there was a knock on the door. A second later, Logan, Patton, and Roman walked into the room, the door slamming shut behind them. Virgil took a deep breath and turned around, smiling seductively.
"Hi," he said, walking towards the three, "Please, make yourself comfortable," Virgil had expected them to move towards the bed or, at the very least, towards the bucket of champagne. Instead, they moved to the couch. Huffing silently, Virgil grabbed one of the champagne bottles and three glasses and walked over to the others, smiling again.
Virgil began pouring drinks before handing them off, letting his hand linger a second longer than necessary. Patton and Logan were whispering, leaving Roman for Virgil to talk to, "Hello again, V," Roman said smiling, "How are you today?" Virgil blinked, taken aback at the greeting.
"Um-" He stuttered, "Um- good, I suppose, I-how are you?"
"I'm splendid!" Roman exclaimed, "Even more so now that I am with you," Roman said, wiggling his eyebrows. Ugh, Virgil thought, is he gonna act like... that all night?
"I could say the same thing about you, your highness..." Virgil said, wrapping his arms around Roman's neck. Roman cleared his throat, blushing. Smirking, Virgil began to lean up, moving to kiss Roman. He had just touched Roman's lips with his when Roman pulled back. Virgil furrowed his eyebrows and pulled back too, looking at Roman, who appeared shocked. Fuck, Virgil thought, he wasn't expecting that, so it must be one of the others who requested this, the other two just also came along.
"Apologies, your highness. I misunderstood. It will not happen again." Virgil said, climbing off of Roman.
"I..." Roman began, eyes wide, "Um, it's- no apology needed, V," Virgil nodded, before moving to the end of the couch, where Patton and Logan were sitting. They were staring at him too; Logan seemed to be examining him, barely blinking, while Patton had his head tilted ever slightly to the side, making him look like a confused puppy.
Virgil sighed quietly; he had reached his wit's end with... everything, really, and these three weren't helping, "You know, this would be a lot easier if you told me which one of you I'm supposed to go with." Virgil said, his annoyance betraying itself through his tone. The three looked at one another and Virgil resisted the urge to scoff. Seriously? Virgil thought, They didn't think to discuss this beforehand?
"We're not sure what you mean, kiddo." Patton stated, smiling softly. Virgil snorted. Distantly, he thought about what Patton had called him. "Kiddo? I'm not a fucking child."
"You don't have to act coy, you know?" Virgil said, raising an eyebrow.
"We really don't know what you are talking about, V. We could guess, I suppose, although, I doubt we would be accurate." Logan spoke, sitting straight as a rod and adjusting his glasses constantly.
Fine, smart-asses. Virgil thought, rolling his eyes, "I'm asking which one of you is here to fuck me, and which are here to watch." The reaction was immediate: Roman gasped (loudly and dramatically) at the same time that Patton cried out, slamming his hand over his mouth right after, while Logan sat there slack jawed, his previously perfect posture slumping, "Well?" Virgil asked, arms crossed over his chest and one eyebrow raised. Maybe it was the exhaustion, maybe it was the adrenaline, or maybe it was the pure feeling of anger that caused Virgil to act so brave reckless. (He knew he would regret it later. He didn't care. He didn't really care about anything, these days.)
"Kiddo... that's not... that's not what's happening." Patton said, slowly, cautiously like Virgil would break if he was too rough.
"Then why the fuck are you here?" Virgil screamed, hands clenched into fists at his side.
"We came here to talk to you, as this was the only way we could find you alone, without the King and the Duke hovering around you. We didn't... we had no idea." Logan swallowed hard, clenching his jaw.
Roman looked furious, shaking as he stood, "What... what the hell have they done to you? What have they let others do to you?" He reached out for Virgil, causing the other boy to flinch.
"Don't touch me!" Virgil yelled, "Don't... don't." He couldn't breath; it was too much, he had said too much. He couldn't breath. He couldn't breath! Someone touched his shoulder, and Virgil sobbed, scrambling away (although he wasn't sure when he had fallen on the ground). The panic washed over him in waves, and the realization that Logan, Patton, and Roman, still stood before him caused even more panic. God, he was so tired of panicking. Virgil coughed as he tried to inhale, choking on his own spit, causing him to hyperventilate more. Black spots danced before Virgil's vision as he tried to breath, failing. Before Virgil could comprehend what was happening, everything went black.

Angst time, bitches. Thanks for reading!
-AJ