JANUARY

TW: mentioning of miscarriage.

CHRISTMAS EVE.

James had came out to his sister during a very emotional conversation.  He also came out to his parents .

Their parents spent the whole time talking horribly about Olivia. They were so hateful when they spoke. Almost like if they had to be nice,  they'd die. This time around He couldn't bring himself to talk badly about his sister.  After all her voice-mails and text messages checking in on him.  She never judged him at all. Truly showing her support.

Then Dad started talking about how the world was rotting and crawling with sin and evil. Spewing their opinions of the country, degrading women's rights and gays rights . Mom agreeing with every word . Sounding like a parrot,  repeating

"AMEN!" After all dad's claims.

It hurt James deeply.

He no longer could set back and pretend to not be effected by their  words.  He confessed in outburst that he was gay to his parents to after the hate speech they rallied.

Hoping some how they WOULD still accept him,  unlike how they did Olivia and her life choices.

They absolutely did not...

So he reached out to his sister.  Telling her everything,  how long he knew he was gay. How he was sorry for disowning her after their sister Lisa passed away. Admitting he knew it was truly a accident.  But got caught up in the grief of losing a sibling, resented her. He even accepted that Charlie wanted her, not him.  He couldn't make someone want him if that's not wha the heart wants.

Christmas morning.
----‐------

"DAD!! I'm going to open yours now , I bet I know what it is. " Henry said shaking the gift. As the box rattled around.

"Bet you can't guess it down to the tee though. " Charlie said on FaceTime, watching  Henry sit down the gold and silver wrapped box on the ground.

He held before him a Lego Architect Collection of The Staue of Liberty.   He looked surprised and yelled " Thank you!! I didn't know they made these kind."

Charlie points his phone towards Olivia who was watching on the side.   She gave a wave towards his son.
"Me either, she told me about the architect collection. " Charlie said .

"Does she live with you NOW ?" Henry asked.

"Erm..no, she's visiting  me for  Christmas ." He explained.

"Mom told Grandma, dating Olivia  meant you're having a Middle-light-Crisis ." Henry struggled remembering the words "midlife crisis ."

Olivia rolled her eyes off camera and got up excusing herself for another cup of coffee.   She really had no reason to dislike Nicole.  But she seemed difficult to like.
Charlie sighed.  His hand covering his mouth, trying to keep his pissed expression hidden.
"What else does mommy say?" Charlie asked crossed.

Olivia's was trying to signal at him to shut his ass up.  Why the fuck would he pry?? What did it matter what Nicole even thought?

"Stuff." His son answered,  he emptied the  Lego box as the plastic bags fell out of the box ,not caring for about that topic much.  He was a child after all. "Can I open another one from you???" He asked exicted.

"Sure..." Charlie replied also pushing that topic aside.  He thought did he really want this Christmas ruined over some exchanged words??  No.

After the FaceTime call was over.

Charlie and Olivia both had one gift for each to give each other. 
They both sat on the couch.  With items behind their backs.  The way he was fidgeting was awkward,  him shifting on his couch.  As if no postion was comfortable for what what he was about to give. One leg went up,  then down.  His back being buried into the couch. Left and right.  Like a cat needing.