Purple Reign

Disclaimer: Some events are researched based on a timeline but only twisted or cut out to fit Janet's narrative of the story. This is of course completely made up imagination of what if Prince and Janet gotten together. What will be remained in the timeline the same are the music. This will be the only chapter that will be narrated, and the rest will be in Prince and Janet's point of view. I hope you enjoy! ❤️

********************************************
Jan. 28, 1985

It's the night of the American Music Awards. Most of the celebrities that attended look star stunning. This award show was close to being treated as the Grammys. The nominations for this award were much shorter, but Prince and the Revolution performers are the ones to perform last.

Every star attends to American Music Awards. Artists from Dolly Parton to Tina Turner. Lionel Richie is the host of the awards. An 18-year-old Janet Jackson attended the awards with her husband James DeBarge and her sister, Latoya Jackson. Together they sat in the audience enjoying the performances and cheering on the winners of the night. Including cheering on Prince and The Revolution.

This is gonna be the biggest year for Prince and The Revolution. After having a super hit on the movie Purple Rain from the year before, Prince's name was nonstop. Radio listeners kept asking to play every song from Purple Rain over and over again. MTV kept Prince videos on repeat. All there is left is a Purple Rain tour, which Prince has sold out on all of his shows.

Prince is nominated in 10 categories, yet only winning three of the categories. Prince won for Favorite Soul/R&B Album for Purple Rain, Favorite Pop/Rock Album, and "When Doves Cry" for Favorite Soul/R&B Song. Before the award show was ending, Janet and Latoya presented the last award the night before Prince went out on stage.

Finally on to the big ending of the show with Prince and The Revolution performing Purple Rain.

Janet and Latoya are watching Prince and The Revolution perform backstage after they presented the night's last award. Janet is standing on the side, so not so close to where people could see her. Janet stares in amazement at Prince's aura. The way he plays his electric guitar through the melody of the song. Her facial expressions were in awe once Prince finished performing. The audience cheered and clapped their hands as Janet slowly smiled.

The band and Prince walk backstage. As he enters, he makes eye contact with Janet's eyes. She looks and reciprocates the same gesture and then smiles. She walks two steps close to him and says,

"You did great. Purple Rain is one of my most favorite tracks on the album," as she reaches out her hand to shake his.

"Thank you," he smirks at her and then starts to walk past her.

"Um wait," she stops him, "are you going to the after-party?"

"Yeah. I may be there."

"Okay. I hope to see you there," she smiles at him as he slyly gives her a smirk and walks away.