Getting to Know

March 23, 1985

I went on my last day on the set of the tv show "Fame". I said goodbye to all of my coworkers. It pains me that I may never see them again. They were some of the friends I got to make outside of school. I didn't have many friends going to school. I used to get bullied and called dirty by these white kids. Then my mother switched me to public school and I would get into fights just because some girls got jealous of me that I was on tv and have famous brothers. That's when my mother put me in a school for gifted talent. However, I hope things will change when Prince helps me with my album. Maybe I will gain some good friends in the industry. So far I have a decent standing platonic relationship with Prince. We spoke a lot on the phone whenever he called. Some nights he had to end it because he didn't want me to lose sleep for school.

This evening I will be having dinner with Prince tonight. I wonder what restaurant he is taking me to, which I have yet to know. I just know I have to be ready at the gates for a limo to carry me to the spot. I didn't know what to wear so I went in a casual-looking outfit that suits me for dining. A red dress with a skinny strap. Not showing too much of my curves because I have gained a bit of weight lately. Maybe I should top this over with this big blazer. I took the big, black blazer jacket and wrapped it around me. I pose and look at myself in the mirror and think I look quite good. I love my short haircut. I had my stylist cut my hair before I left the set today. I wanted the way I had it when I performed the Broadway performance for them.

(This the hair Janet is wearing)

I go to my dresser and put on my one hoop key earring. I put on two diamond bracelets that I only wore a few times. I put in powder and a mirror in my small hand purse and nude lipstick that matches my natural lip color. I think I got everything I needed. I grabbed my heels and went to my bedroom door and poke my head out. Parents are in the bed, and so are Latoya and Michael. I step out and close my door quietly so no one would hear. I go down the stairs and quietly go to the exit where I go outside.

Like the limo where it was waiting for me. I get into the limo and close the door behind me. Prince wasn't in it, as I expected. He might meet me there. I look out the window as the limo driver takes me to the restaurant where I am supposed to meet him.

The night is so beautiful out here. I wasn't allowed to go out much, especially at night. The only time I have probably been out this time was when I went to my brother's Victory Concert. That was a very fun night. I loved seeing them on stage together. They look so amazing and so much fun. I hope to have that same energy as them and put on a big stage performance like them. When they just walked on the stage, all the fans screamed and didn't even do anything for about 3 minutes. One day though, it will be me.

About an hour from my home, I finally got to a nice restaurant. I and the host recognized me as Janet Jackson and looked for my name. She escorts me to my table in the very back where I noticed there is a stage in front of us. This looks like a nice restaurant. People are dressed very casually, and few people look like they were on dates. I didn't get a glimpse of the name of the place. I guess we get to watch performances and enjoy our meals.