And This Time, I'm Gonna Do It My Way

Chapter 11

Prince's POV

The crowd is hyped for Janet as the beginning of the song starts to come up. I Sit backstage as I watch her perform on stage. I watch her drop down from the air at her stage entrance and walk up the stage as she jumps to queue the music. I stare at her as she works the stage. Good. I told her to just have fun and let loose on the stage. I wanted to make sure that this video shows she is a performer and that he can dominate the scene on her own. She wants to do a short film video, so she and I will put together a script with that later.

I noticed Janet invited a certain someone I don't know too much. I took a glance at him with my shades still on and then back at the stage. She told me they met before she and her ex-husband were married. She told me he works as a director.

I don't know about this cat, however, I hope he doesn't make too many presents around her because she is already mining. Or at least she will eventually.

I watch Janet on stage as she flashes a smile while she interacts with the crowd. She spends after she does a mini dance break. She's hitting her queues very well. Hmp, but she can't outdo what I do.

Jimmy and Terry with the rest of the band jam out with Janet on stage for their big finish. Strike her poses and then end the song. The crowd screams and cheers for her outstanding performance. My host for the night walks back on stage and signs Janet off.

"Once again, Janet Jackson!" the host screams.

Janet rushes off stage with Jimmy and Terry side by side as she gives out a breathtaking smile.

"Thanks, guys, it was so much fun!" Janet screams.

"You did great out there," Rene compliments as he hugs her.

I was still standing aside with my sunglasses on, and Janet took notice of me while she hugged Rene.

"Prince, what do you think?" She comes to me.

"You did great out there," I said out loud as the crowd got wild outside.

She smiles and asks, "Really? you didn't think it was over did it?"

"No, you did great. That's how you're going to perform out there next time."

She smiled again, said "Thank you!" and hugged me. We parted hugs as she took notice that I saw Rene.

"That's your "friend" huh?"

"Yeah. You don't mind if he stays and watches the show?" she asks.

"Of course," I smirked as I took my glasses off and handed them to my assistant, who signaled that it was time for me to go on stage. "Watch how a real performer does it!" I sarcastically, yet playfully said.

I strut my way onto the stage.

Janet's POV

I watch Prince strut his way to the stage as the crowd screams his name. I watch as Rene comes over next to me and joins.

"He's just as amazing on stage from watching back here," Rene mentions.

"He sure is," I smile at him and then watch Prince from backstage.

~*~

It's the next day, and I sleep in until 10 p.m. It was such a long set last night, that I couldn't keep up with Prince. After one night of jamming, there was another set he planned to go to. I couldn't tag along. I needed to go home and soak my feet from all that standing. Paula did make a healthy breakfast, but I need to be more energized and active to get up.