New Positions

Chapter 10

Prince POV

"I want you to build my set for the Parade tour, " I talk to Leroy Bennett.

"I would love to work with you, but I currently got an offer from Queen to build their production for their tour," he responds.

"That's nice, but I need you for my tour."

"I'm flattered by the offer, but I'm currently using these opportunities to work on concepts and different ideas and products that I have. Freddy wants me to be a part of their stage production. I can't turn him down," he responded.

"Okay. I understand. I understand trying to expand your creative work and skills to other buyers. I'm still leaving this option open for you to work for me. Think about it." I hung up the phone and called the managers of Queen's band.

I listen to the dial tone until someone from their team picks up.

"Hello?" a low horn, voice sound appeared on the other side of the phone.

"Hello," I spoke in my natural, deep voice. "I'm calling to let you know that Leroy took another gig. He will not be designing your stage production. Thank you," I hung up the phone.

Now that says what? Says that you going to design my stage prominently. He'll know in the morning.

I got up from my bed, walked out of my bedroom, and headed downstairs. Earlier, my assistant told me Morris wanted to see me. Me and him ain't talked in months. Been hearing he has been late, and not showing up to rehearsals. I don't know what has been up with this dude but he not making me look good on my end. I'll meet him later, I got some rehearsals to attend.

I walk into my kitchen and grab a water bottle real quick and leave out to head to the sound stage. I took some of the members from The Family band and merged them into mine. Jerone is now part of my band for the moment in time. I plan on having him appear with Janet for a few performances.

I hope they are ready and fuck up tonight. We got a few more months left until everything is open for promotion for the movie and the Parade Tour.

I walk into the Sound Stage room and see the band standing in their spots warming up their instruments. I smoothly walk over to my position on stage.

"Y'all ready? Start of Around The World In a Day," I gave motions to start the band.

The band and I jammed for about an hour now, and let them take a break. I was told Morris has arrived. So I leave the sound stage and meet him at Studio B. He better has an excuse for his behavior. As I walked into meet him, I took a seat across from him.

"Why are you here?" I ask calmly.

"You know exactly why I'm here. I'm here to get the money that you owed me for months man."

"I already gave you the money when you called the office asking about it. Now you want more?"

"I-"

"You haven't shown up to gigs, rehearsals, or meetings," I cut him off.

"Just let me talk."

I stared at him to let him speak.

"I want to leave."

"The group?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Why?"

"You have been sabotaging my career, stopping me from getting performances from people that want me to perform for them. Delayed my album. If I would have known -"