an opening note (serious)

updated note on the more recent chapter is below this. this section is in regards solely to the jokes.

This is a serious note, and I urge you to read it, because while this story is all jokes (except for this part), I do need to have some seriousness sometimes.

My broheme and I, we joke about things and realize after the fact that "hey that might not have been okay." I mention my broheme (my little brother) because he is (at least) mentioned in most of this parts, in direct reference to the jokes made.

If a joke isn't an okay joke (in the sense that it's offensive or harmful in anyway, not just that it's not funny) please tell me, and I will remove the chapter.

If something is triggering (to you or if you know someone who could be triggered) tell me and I will place a warning at the beginning of the chapter and where it's mentioned.

Whether offensive or just triggering or whatever. I'm sorry if it they are not okay.

If that's ever the case with any of these jokes, please let me know, whether through a PM or comment.

This is mostly a preemptive apology because I know some things I say and do aren't okay, especially given that I am (in general) privileged. And I don't always notice things that can be harmful to a minority and I might unintentionally say ro do something that could be harmful and not realize!

It's never my intention to harm or trigger anyone. I love you all, stay safe!

(also again, please note that if a joke just isn't funny to you, I don't care. Not all jokes are funny to everyone and I don't expect you to laugh. but if a joke is harmful or triggering, I will do what I can!)

t

he updated version sort of:

hi. so i wrote that note when i made jokes and i wanted to make sure people knew my intentions.

i'm leaving the stuff above because i think my note about the jokes is important.

but anyways, i don't know my intentions so well anymore.

but the following still applies:

1. if something is triggering, i mark it with a few asterisks. something like this, ** and i put at note at the top about what the trigger might be.

2. if i don't tag something, let me know. whether by pm or comment, i don't care, if i didn't tag a trigger, tell me. i still don't want to hurt people.

3. if i've said something offensive, do what i said to do on #2. i never mean to offend and i'm yet to be an adult, so i am not knowledgeable about a lot of things. i try my best, but sometimes i don't know it yet. so if i've said something rude, offensive, and/or insensitive, please tell me.

now, i'm not sure what has changed since the start of writing this. like, i recognize that it's been like 3 years (that feels like too long), but i am not really doing the whole joke thing anymore.

i might try the joking thing again if i think of a joke, or if my little broheme comes up with something funny, but i'm not really as good at it as i might've been

(not saying i was funny. i wasn't. not really.)

either way, i love y'all, so that hasn't changed.

stay safe, friends!