finding faith in little things

first of all, happy new year! haven't shared anything here since november (absolute insanity, the passge of time)

second, i'm talking faith. so warning if talk of religion is sensitive for you. i don't talk very heavily about it and i  censor G-d for personal reasons. this is mostly just a list of little things.

i basically cherry pick other religions. stories, ideas, characters that i like.

i go to a catholic high school (which is an...experience) and as such, i hear a lot about G-d.

our campus minister is very insistent that you don't have to believe in G-d to participate and stuff. which is nice i guess.

this is all just a kind of preface, though. so it doesn't really matter. the actual point is that i don't know what i believe, and so i cherry pick and i find little things.

i've been anyhow keeping a list of a few of my favorite things that i've found faith in.

• pitter-patter of rain on windows. sounds like a song.

• a cold breeze on a hot summer day.

• the sunshine in the middle of winter.

• the rain when it gets on my glasses.

• the steam from hot chocolate curling around your face, like an invisible blanket.

• the warm fuzzy feeling when your nervous (a comforting ghost)

• butterflies. no other elaboration on this one.

• petrichor. also no elaboration.

• the first rain of spring. everything feels dreary from the grey sky but everything is dewy and full of life. it feels like everything is much more than itself.

i have some others, but these are my favorites, the ones i always savor. if you have some of your own, i'd love to hear them.

stay safe (and again, happy new year!)