in regards to love

the ancient greeks had many good ideas, and some were awful.
but there are two i especially like.

one is the story of humans starting with four arms, four legs, and two heads, but getting split in half. and now we're doomed to find our other half. i think that soulmates are real

(more to the extent of there is a person for you and maybe you'll fall in love, but there are enough kinds of love for you to fall in love, even if you don't want romance)

the other thing is that the greeks had 8 types of love:
eros- romantic, passionate love
philia- intimate, authentic friendship
ludus- playful, flirtatious love
storge- unconditional, familial love
philautia- self-love
pragma- committed, companionate love
agápe- empathetic, universal love.

i think that allows for many kinds of soulmates, which is very inclusive of people aroace spectrum (such as myself) (but also im in love with so many people in so many ways, i might have started with a hundred arms because i keep finding people who touch my soul)

however, the ancient greeks are ancient. and this is not about soulmates.

this is about being in highschool and in love when i was always told high love didn't last. when i was always told "happily ever afters" weren't like disney (i so wish they were, so simple and memorable)

im scared of that. of the lack of love.

i've been dating an amazing girl for a month now. and she's touched my soul.

(but the barista named evan i spoke with three days ago touched my soul as well, so what is a standard anyways?)

and i dont want there to be a day when i dont and text her good morning.

i'm terrified of that.

i know that i'll move on and someday i'll forget her (because that's what They say happens) (i really hope They are wrong) but i hope it's far away.

because even if my love moves from being eros to being philla to being love i feel from a distance (the kind if love i feel for the girl who gave me a pencil in first grade; the love i feel for stars), i don't want to forget.

all this love, it's heavy on the soul.
but that's okay because i want a love like the stars, a love with everyone. i want my soul to be covered in fingerprints, to have straches from when littles dropped it on accident, to have paint from when an artist held it,

i want my soul to be everyone's.

and perhaps tragically, i may have fallen in love with love itself.