Chapter 6

Geralt, Jaskier and Squirrel ride into the the forest for few days staying away from sight of the Red Paladins, Geralt got used to Squirrel's questioning and bickering as they ride. Squirrel thought that they were just riding to nowhere whilst Geralt observed his surroundings for directions. There were some fey symbols on trees and on bushes and that's what Geralt was following. He could sense that they were close to the refuge, he stopped Roach and looked around. There was rustling in the bushes at their right. Few people wearing masks walked out pointing their spears and arrows at Geralt and Squirrel. Geralt looked calmly at them. 

"Geralt?" Jaskier called as he was scared a little.

"I am not here to harm you." Geralt said, the people looked at each other for a moment and was about to walked towards Geralt and Squirrel.

"Stop!" A male voice commanded, the people looked behind them and made way for a warrior in green mask with horns.

"Born in the dawn..." The man in the green mask said.

"To pass in the twilight." Squirrel finished. The people behind the green masked man lowered their weapons. 

"It's good to meet you again Green Knight." Geralt said.

"You too Witcher." Green knight replied. Squirrel smiled happily at the knight. 

The Knight took them and few other fey refuge to the refuge camp. Geralt hoped down from his horse and helped Squirrel too. Once they reached in the camp Geralt let the Knight know of his situation and of kid's. Squirrel disappeared into the crowd seeing his kind and quickly mixed up with the kids. The Knight removed his mask.

"So where is your companion?" The Green Knight asked as they stood in the corner.

"She's in a Abby, helping a girl called Nimue from the Paladins." Geralt said.

"Nimue? For real?" The knight asked.

"Yes, do you know her?" Geralt asked.

"Yes, she's like a family to me, we should go and help her." The knight said.

"No, they will be alright." Geralt said.

"Geralt are you being serious?" The Knight asked.

"Yes, I am. The Paladins are more in number and you don't have that many men to fight against them. So it's better we shouldn't interfere in her work. Look around, this people rely on you, they need you. Think about them." Geralt said looking at the people.

"You sure your companion will bring her here safely?" The Knight asked.

"Valerie's a Witcher Gawain, do not underestimate her." Geralt said. Gawain nodded then turn to look at his people which were reunited with few of their loved ones.

After Valerie and Nimue burned all the parchments containing crucial information they were making their way downstairs to the exit as the barn was outside of the convent building they were hoping to flee in the woods. As they passed by the infirmary sister Igraine spotted her.

"Nimue there you are... who is she?" Sister Igraine whispered asked.

"Don't worry she's here to help me." Nimue asked.

"Then in that case you both can't go to the barn." Sister Igraine said.

"We were hoping to flee in the woods as the barn is away from the convent building." Nimue said.