capítulo siete - "Darling quit the stalling, you know I'm a Sex-a-holic."

-

I laid letting out an evaporated sigh, staring up at my bedroom ceiling I turned my head every two seconds checking my phone screen waiting for Alex to answer me. Since well, that incident, I haven't heard a word from him, it's been what..? Four days? Maybe even five? I couldn't tell anymore everyday was so similar everyday felt the same on repeat like some sort of broken record. And genuinely it's felt like months, at least Karl was here to help clean the wound and get things for me. I was lucky that it was only a flesh wound, meaning that it had missed the bone, so I could walk but it did kind of sting. I was trying my best to get around, though Karl insisted I didn't go anywhere without him there for support. So every evening he made a point to try and help me walk out to the large garden behind the manor, we'd sit out there though usually without much to talk about. I enjoyed his company, but I was growing worried with how unresponsive Alex had shut down to be. He was most likely busy, but not even a single moment to simply read my texts? I cared about him, I genuinely did and I just wanted to thank him and check up. Maybe my small crush on him was acting up too, so what if I yarning to see that pretty boy face of his. I closed my eyes for a minute to fantasize about going to dinner with him, my god was I ever happy to have lost a game of poker. Though no matter what I did I was bound to lose to him, a small smile grew to my lips remembering just how charismatic he was. I was like a school girl freaking out over her favourite celebrity, I knew I needed to cut it out eventually though. I couldn't be with him, I knew it, he didn't feel the same way I did... But the fact he cared enough to save me had me second guessing that assumption. He made me so mixed up and conflicted, the guy really was playing with my heart.

"I hope it's not hurting too bad," Karl spoke with his usual tone of worry, entering my room with a tray of what I assumed to be dinner. I sat up and gave him a weak smile, "I'm okay you know, you don't have to baby me. It does kind of sting when I stand but I could still limp my way to the kitchen." "It makes me more than happy to help you out, it's my job after all. I just want the best for you, you know this." He continued on with his usual explanation, he was always so protective of me and I had to fight him off in order to have privacy at times. It was sweet, but there's only so much brotherly love I could take before I needed time with someone else or alone. For the minute though, I enjoyed his company, even if it was taken a little to the extreme. The soup he had brought me... He had no intentions of letting me eat on my own, picking up the spoon and dipping it into the soup, it gently blew on it to reduce the temperature before sending to towards my direction. "Karl, I can eat on my own you know. I'm not a baby, I'm a grown twenty-six year old woman." I lightly chuckled although allowing the spoon to pass my lips as the warm and savoury liquid warmed me up. "Is it wrong to care about my best friend? You've just gone through something traumatic, first Alexis is found to be dead, then you're almost kidnapped and shot through the leg. You need some kind of break, I'll do the little things so don't worry." I scooted over to make it easier for him to not have to reach across the bed for me. "You're doing so much, you're so hard on yourself Karl please don't overwork." I grinned towards him, extending my arms to clasp my hands around the one of his that held the spoon. "I can do it Karl, though there is something I'd love for you to do." I took to cutlery from him while he jumped up at my request. "Yeah of course! What do you need?" "Can you... See if you could get a hold of Alex? Maldonado, that is." He seemed kind of confused as that. "Hm? I could try, but why would you want to speak with him? Didn't he mess up Alexis grave and that's what ended up getting you shot?" He was right, and it irked me knowing how much I was messed with emotionally. But from what I remember he insisting he didn't know, and if the gang was what he wanted he could of let me get killed. No, he couldn't be as bad as it seems. There's something there, and I wanted to know.

"I never got to thank him, he did save me after all... I guess I'm also worried since I haven't as much as heard a word from him." A small grumble came from Karl, the two were at war with each other and it was a bit hard to see. When pressed, he refused to say anything about it, and Alex seemed to refused on saying anything to me at all. I couldn't help but feel responsible, I could deduct it must be something relating to me just for the simple reason they were completely fine and from what I heard good friends. It made me frown, I wanted to help rebuild whatever they had but from how Karl was I doubted he'd want to. "Would you mind apologizing to him while you're on the line with him?" He snapped his head towards me, I kept my eyes lowered to my soup however and tried to make sure I didn't drip it over my covers. "The orphan thing was out of line Karl, I hate having to see the both of you fight. Please just apologize and let this feud rest." I looked up to see the reluctance blatantly displayed across his face, but when he looked back to see my iconic pleading eyes his resolve eroded away. I kept it up until he couldn't stand it anymore and let out a soft sigh, "I'll apologize." I gave a small smile, before continuing to drink away at the warm soup.