Chapter 27: The Generation of Prodigies

The battle between Yusuke and Ryo continued raging on, then the director grabbed his unrealistically large brush.

Ryoko: The Director's taken up the brush!

Zenji: Who's the victor?

Yuki: Which one is it!?

Alice was surprised to see the name of the victor.

Urara: The victor is Candidate Kudo Yusuke!

Everyone cheers loudly.

Yusuke: Hmph.

Ryo yells loudly in anger.

Daigo: Oh, yeah! Go Kudo!

Megumi: He did it! He actually won!

Soma just chuckles whileErina was shocked at this outcome.

Urara: Honored guests, this completes today's program. The third and fourth matches will be held tomorrow. Have a safe trip home.

Ryo silently unwraps his headband returning to his calm self, then he walks past Yusuke.

Ryo: Listen up Kudo, and listen good. I'm the only one who's allowed to beat you, so until we face each other again, you better not lose.

Yusuke: Kurokiba...

Soma: Yusuke sure is something else. I really can't wait to face him again.

As Yusuke was walking back to the backstage, Alice was walking up to him.

Alice: ...

Yusuke: ...

Not being able to find any words, Yusuke just walks off.

(Meanwhile)

Erina: Good work today, judges.

Your cars are waiting for you. That way, please.

Senzaemon: ....!!!

Erina: Grandfather? Is something wrong?

Senzaemon: No... It's nothing. I need to go to the washroom.

Senzaemon goes to the restroom and sees himself in the mirror.

Senzaemon: Hmm... Kudo Yusuke. That kid has great power within him, and that power will just continue to grow exponentially. I went more "bare" than I intended. The 92nd class is indeed a generation of prodigies.

(Later)

It was night time. At the Shiomi seminar, Akira was laying in the grass staring at the sky while smelling a cinnamon, then Jun walks up to him.

Jun: Hayama-kun! What are you doing here?

Akira: Nothing much. I just wanted to feel the night breeze.

Jun kneels down next to him.

Jun: Hey, Hayama-kun, don't get too bent on winning this. I'm already so proud of you for passing the prelims! *stands up* It's a great stage. Just try to enjoy it, okay?

Jun runs off and leaves Akira by himself.

Akira: A smile like that's only going to get me even more determined to win. I will reach the top, no matter what!

(Meanwhile)

At the Aldini brothers' apartment.

Isami: Nii-chan, did you pack everything you need into the bag? Oh, do you have the victory charm I gave you?

Takumi: I do.

Isami: I bought this pillow yesterday that's supposed to give you a good night's rest. Let's do some aromatherapy to help you relax, too!