OVA 2: Erina's Summer Vacation

(Summer vacation)

Narrator: Even at Totsuki Culinary Academy, the sound of the students' chatter is unusually sparse. The young chefs slated to compete in the Autumn Elections are working passionately, experimenting with their dishes over and over.

Hisako was on the kitchen working on her curry. Then Erina walks in.

Hisako: Erina-sama.

Erina: How are things going, Hisako?

Hisako: Thank you very much for letting me use your kitchen.

Erina: It's not a problem. Since I'm helping run this event, I would prefer to have the best dishes possible.

Hisako: Of course! I'll do my very best.

Erina: Seems like things are going well.

Hisako: Yes. I was thinking about adding kasoori methi to this.

Erina: Yes, that's a wonderful idea.

As Hisako continued recipe testing, Erina was wondering around the kitchen since she had nothing to do. Then she finds a book.

Erina: This might help you out!

Hisako: R-Right. Thank you very much.

Erina: Now, why don't I taste-test it for you?

Hisako: U-Um... If I were to receive your advice, I could get through the qualifiers easily. But I'd like to do this by myself!

Erina: Well said. This is exactly why you're qualified to be my secretary. Do your very best!

And so she leaves the kitchen. Alice and Ryo were watching her walk through the school hallway from afar.

Alice: Ryo-kun.

Ryo: Sure.

Yusuke: Alice.

Alice was startled to see Yusuke.

Alice: Y-Yusuke! Don't just sneak behind people!

Yusuke: Sorry. I was just passing by.

Alice: Actually, perfect timing.

Yusuke: Huh?

Erina stops walking for a moment.

Erina: I'm so bored. (I've basically done everything I need to prepare for the competition. Perhaps I'll head to the summer resort in karuizawa... No, I'd rather not go alone. Maybe I'll also try something new. I wonder, how do normal girls pass the time in situations like this?)

Yusuke: Erina.

She looks back to see Yusuke approaching her.

Erina: Yusuke?

Yusuke: ...

Erina: Aren't you gonna say something!?

Yusuke: Wanna hang out?

Erina: Huh?

(At Polar Star)

The Polar Star girls were at the kitchen working on their curry dishes while dealing with the unbearable summer heat.

Megumi: Let's see... Stew until the butter softens... and mix together...

 and mix together