Chapter 28: The Pursuer

Urara: Regarding the fourth match in the Autumn Elections between Candidate Takumi Aldini and Candidate Mimasaka Subaru, it will be a Shokugeki.

The crowd was surprised at this unexpected turn of events.

Ikumi: A Shokugeki in the middle of the Autumn Elections!?

Yuki: Is that even allowed?

(Meanwhile)

A man in a yellow suit was talking to the judges in the hallway.

Administrator: There is no question that the conditions have been met. The administration has deemed this an official Shokugeki!

Senzaemon: I see. It knows no restrictions, be it time or place... Such is the nature of the Shokugeki!

(Back at the arena)

Urara: So far, five judges made a joint decision of the outcome in this tournament, but an exception was made for this match, so each judge will cast a vote. The match will thus follow the Shokugeki format. The candidates will now enter the arena!

Takumi and Subaru enter the arena and look at each other directly.

Isami: Nii-chan...

Subaru: *Chuckles* It must be hard, having an incompetent younger brother.

Takumi throws a white glove at him.

Subaru: Hm?

Takumi: Pick it up.

Subaru: Wha?

Takumi: I'll teach you proper manners, seeing as you lack any. If you pick that up, it means you'll have accepted the challenge. This is how we conduct duels, the duello.

Subaru then picks up the white glove.

Takumi: Italians always seek revenge after humiliation. If I win, I'll have you grovel and apologize, right here, to the mezzaluna you've tainted, and to my brother!

Soma, Yusuke and Megumi join the rest of Polar Star in the crowd.

Yuki: Hey! Yukihira! Kudo! Megumi! Where've you been? Jeez!

Yusuke: We were with Takumi and Mimasaka just a little while ago, but neither of them said anything about a Shokugeki.

Shun: Mimasaka intended to make this into a Shokugeki from the very start.

Megumi: Huh?

Shun: That's the kind of guy he is. He does exhaustive research on the student he targets, then he uses any means necessary, be it provocation or intimidation, to drag them into a face-off. He has already won 99 Shokugekis in that matter.

Soma: Ninety-nine...

Senzaemon: The theme is dessert! Let the cooking begin!

The bell rings and Takumi and Subaru go to their stations and begin working. Then they noticed something odd.

Megumi: Huh? Their ingredients... They're both exactly the same!

The administrator walked up to the judges and shows the a paper.

Administrator: I have brought documentation of the ingredients Mimasaka Subaru has used in previous battles. It lists ingredients used by both sides.

The list showed that Subaru has used the exact same ingredients as all his previous opponents.

Oizumi: What!? He's always won by serving the exact same dish as his opponents!

Subaru: Semifreddo.

Takumi: ...?