5. Can't Help Falling In Love

"Unfortunate child?! Why are we that unlucky?"

"There's no way but deserting. We can't raise him! He'll bring an ill fate to the family."

"We're sorry, Zhehan. May my son be born with luck in the next life."

"Furen*, let's go."

Different voices surrounded him. There were many fingers pointing at him and many mocks from different people. He curled his body in a corner of a narrow dark alley but those voices did not disappear.

"Look at that fox! What a pair of weird colored eyes he has."

"Son! Stay away from him! He's an unfortunate Hulijing."

"They look creepy. Eewwww. I may have nightmares from looking at those eyes."

"*spit* When we get home, let's take a bath to chase away the ill luck. He looks disgusting."

He ran away from those laughs and despising but they were following him no matter how far he ran. His legs were worn-out and his chest was heaving for lack of breath. He ran and ran but it seemed like he couldn't escape from those shadows.

"Xiao Zhe"

Where did that tender voice come from? It filled with worries and something he hadn't feel for a long time. He looked around but found nothing. There were only darkness and emptiness.

"Xiao Zhe"

It was soothing and peaceful, different from any other sneering voices he had heard. He never knew that someone could call his name in that way.

"Xiao Zhe, wake up, my dear."

When Zhehan snapped his eyes open, the first thing he saw was Gong Jun's anxious eyes. His beautiful lips were slightly open from continuously calling Zhehan's name. Looking at Gong Jun's face, Zhehan felt a familiar warmth in his heart. This was the man he loved more than anything in this world.

Zhehan tried to sit up and Gong Jun helped him, putting soft pillows behind his back.

"Where am I?" Zhehan asked, his voice being hoarse.

"Home."

Zhehan's lips were slightly parted at Gong Jun's words. 'Home'. He never thought he would be lucky enough to have a home with this man.

Gong Jun poured some water into a cup and offered it to Zhehan's lips while the other hand was cupping under Zhehan's chin. After Zhehan drank a little, his throat felt a lot better to talk.

"Wait a moment."

Before Zhehan could ask anything, Gong Jun put the cup down on the nightstand and walked out of the room. Zhehan felt a bit dizzy but his wounds didn't hurt much and he was feeling comfortable and clean. He looked around and found that this was Gong Jun's bedroom where he and Zhehan used to sleep together during the past weeks. When he looked out of the window, it was dawn as the sun had not spread its rays to the world yet and the candles were still burning.

Gong Jun came back into the room with a bowl of warm water and clean dry towels in his hands. He put them down on the nightstand and sit on the bed, facing Zhehan. Without saying a word, he folded a towel and started gently wiping the sweat from Zhehan's forehead and temple.

Zhehan peeked at Gong Jun's face under his eyelashes and wondered. Gong Jun's face was calm, too calm for Zhehan's liking. The only feeling Zhehan could see was the changed affection from Gong Jun's raven eyes. Zhehan started to feel anxious, wiggling in his place. Although the last thing he remembered before he lost consciousness was that Gong Jun didn't hate him, Zhehan still not dare to believe it yet. He was so afraid if what he saw in those eyes was a dream, a hallucination.