17. Moonlit Bliss

When consciousness came to him, Gong Jun felt that he was sweating a lot and his head was hurting like hell. He looked beside and found that his beloved Hanhan was staring at the ceiling, tears dried on his cheeks. However, he saw that Zhehan's eyes were losing their focus as if he wasn't at present.

"Hanhan!"

Gong Jun shook Zhehan's naked body but the omega didn't response. New tears formed at those adoring eyes Gong Jun admired.

"Baby, wake up! Don't scare me."

At this time, Zhehan blinked which brought a big relief to the alpha. He turned his head to Gong Jun and stared at him for a long time in tears.

"It was you," Zhehan choked out. "I remember now. You saved me."

Heart softened at his beloved eyes, Gong Jun gathered the omega in his embrace.

"It was you who saved me," the alpha brought Zhehan's hand and put it on his left chest. "You gave me half of your fox bead. It's here in my heart," Gong Jun kissed Zhehan's forehead. "It has been here all this time."

A tear fell from the alpha's dark blue eyes. Zhehan didn't say anything but hugged Gong Jun's waist tighter, sinking his face in the crook of Gong Jun's neck.

After all these years, they had been running around in circle. Fate had brought them together before parting them. Then, it united them again under the cliff. They had protected each other, accompanied each other, be there for each other. Through thick and thin, they had gone through a lot. How could they not remember such important memory?

Now, both men were suffering headaches and their bodies had already been tired from the mating and bonding. Gong Jun could feel Zhehan's emotions now because of the bonding marks they had made. His sweetheart was being sad and guilty for not being able to protect him back then.

"Don't think too much, Hanhan. We're both young at that time," Gong Jun coaxed his darling. "I'm glad that you didn't get hurt. Otherwise, I would have been blaming myself for the rest of my life."

"But-"

"That bruise on my stomach was lethal. I don't know how but when I woke up, my parents were there. They told me that there was an internal bleeding in my belly and it caused a shock. When they found me, the wound was already healed a lot. You saved my life."

"Your whole body got injured all because of me. If I were stronger, if-if I were smarter..."

"Sushh... sleep now, baby," Gong Jun covered both of their bodies with a blanket. "You need to rest."

The pain in the head from getting all memories back was too strong that their rut and heat had already disappeared. Both Gong Jun and Zhehan were worn-out now.

Why did they lose those memories? Why didn't they recognize each other when they reunite under the cliff? And why did the memories come back now? Besides, if he and Gong Jun met at such a young age, how was he still alive? Wasn't his lover a mortal before he transformed? Lots of whys were still there to figure out but there was tomorrow. Right now, they had each other and that's enough.

________________________________

The birds were chirping, bringing sunshine along with their morning calls. Bees had already been there to absorb nectar from peonies outside the window. A spring breeze was there to accompany them, carrying the fragrance all over the compound.

Gong Jun woke up to the sun rays on his face. It was a usual morning with all of its beauty. However, he had someone much more beautiful in his embrace to stare at. The alpha smiled at the peaceful sight of his newly wedded husband who was sleeping with his cheek pressed on Gong Jun's chest. The eyelashes were shading the omega's cheeks and the pink lips were slightly spread as if they weren't tempting enough.