15. Union

"How's he?"

Zhehan wiggled impatiently beside the bed, waiting for Li Daikun to finish testing the lying alpha on bed. Daikun was quiet for a while before he retreated his qi which was circulating inside Gong Jun's body earlier.

"He's asleep, for now."

Daikun got up and gave Zhehan space to sit beside Gong Jun. He brought out medical scrolls and books from the infinity bag he used to carry which was wide enough to carry many things and equipment.

"It's strange. I've never seen anything like this before."

"What's strange?" Youming asked.

"Chief's fox bead is not stable. Something about it isn't...his own."

"What do you mean?"

Zhehan frowned. The fox bead was the most important thing for Hulijings because it was where all their cultivation and spiritual energy were contained. Every Hulijing was born with a fox bead which got mature as he or she cultivated years after years. An unstable fox bead meant that it was life and death danger to their kind.

"Whatever that thing is, it is situated inside his fox bead, producing another pure energy. It seems like it is stimulated, causing the chaos as a result. Because Chief was blessed and became the Moon Alpha, he drew the power from the Moon which means there're two different energy inside his fox bead. They're now fighting against each other which leads him to pass out like this."

"How could we make it stable?"

"It's unknown. It was just a theory until this case happens. After all these years, there hasn't been a single Hulijing who lives with two different energies until now," Daikun said as he flipped the pages of an old book. "Besides, Chief is just a new born which means his fox bead wasn't mature."

"Wasn't? You mean it's mature now?" Youming raised his eyebrows.

"Yes. Becoming a Moon Alpha means a lot of powerful spiritual energy from the Moon are charged into his fox bead. In a way, it's like putting a lot of things inside a tiny box, forcing the fox bead to mature in a very fast pace in order to adjust this much energy. That's the main cause to make his condition unstable this quickly."

"Can you cure it?"

"To be honest, I don't know. There isn't many descriptions in books either. Right now, all we can do is to wait and see till he wakes up, then figure it out together."

Daikun sighed as he couldn't help much. This was the first time in history that a mortal passed the transformation and was blessed by the Moon. The reason why Gong Jun was chosen as the Moon Alpha was still unknown, much less this unstableness.

Zhehan was silent all the time, caressing Gong Jun's hand in his palm. Youming stepped forward, squeezing his brother's left shoulder.

"He'll be fine sooner or later. There has always been a solution in any case."

Zhehan didn't reply but nodded at his big brother's words. Youming took Daikun out of the chamber, giving Zhehan some personal time with his alpha. As they left the compounds, Daikun said with concerns.

"The superiors are also being worried. They're afraid that something bad may cause to Chief."

"Most of all, I can't stand Zhehan suffering again. He and Chief have gone through a lot. They deserve a peaceful life."

Youming fisted his hands, thinking about how fate was cruel to his little brother and his mate.

"Now, you accepted Chief to be with your brother?"