13. Soul Mates

Two days later, Youming and Daikun came to their chamber in order to check Zhehan's recovering. It was early in the morning and as usual, Zhehan woke up to the soft knockings at their door. Beside him, the alpha also woke up.

"It's your brother with his mate."

Gong Jun said as he sat up but Zhehan whined at the loss of his alpha's warmth. Gong Jun smiled as he leaned down to press a kiss on the omega's temple. He frowned when he saw big dark circles under Zhehan's eyes.

"Haven't you slept well last night?"

"No. I had a good slumber."

Zhehan sat up and gave Gong Jun a peck on the cheek before going to wash up. Gong Jun's frown got deeper despite the satisfaction he felt from the kiss. It had been two days that his lover had dark circles under his eyes. Zhehan said that it was fine and he had slept well but Gong Jun worried about that. Knocks appeared again in an inpatient way. So, the alpha got up and dressed up quickly before he went to open the door for the betas.

"Chief."

As soon as they saw that it was Gong Jun who opened the door, both Daikun and Youming bowed their heads down as a greeting.

"Come in."

Gong Jun said and went back to Zhehan who just washed up and sat on a chair. Zhehan's eyes lit up when he saw his brother who he hadn't seen since that night at the temple. During the last two days, Gong Jun didn't let others to come into the chamber because Zhehan was still recovering and meditating. But Youming and Daikun came every morning hoping to see the omega but was sent away by Gong Jun.

"You seemed pretty good. How is your qi?"

"It's alright now. I gained my strength back with the help of Junjun."

Youming and Daikun's eyebrows raised but Zhehan looked at his alpha with goggling eyes who looked back at him lovingly.

"Your health is what matters the most."

"Hmm. I'm hungry, alpha." Zhehan whined as he patted his empty stomach.

"I'll go make a breakfast for you." Gong Jun got up.

"I want it spicy." Zhehan pouted and Gong Jun just laughed at that.

"Okay."

"Oh. And don't forget to put honey in tea. These days, I felt like I need something sweet."

"Got it."

Gong Jun gave a soft peck on Zhehan's head and left the room from the back door into the backyard. After the alpha disappeared from sight, Youming sat beside Zhehan with widening eyes.

"You asked him to make breakfast and tea for you?!"

"Ahh Yeah?"

"And you called him by his name."

"I always call him like that. Ge, what's wrong with you?"

Zhehan was confused as he eyed his brother's funny expression. Daikun coughed and gave answer to Zhehan's mystery.

"What he means is that your lover is now a respectable Hulijing, basically a god of our kind and you just ordered him around like he's your little puppy."

"Yeah. He's the mighty Moon Alpha, Zhehan, the greatest being of our kind. Everyone has to refer him as 'The Chief'."

"But my Junjun is-" Zhehan tried to speak but Youming cut his words.

"Never mind. Forget what I said," Youming scoffed at his brother's whipped expression and changed the topic. "So, you're fully recovered?" Youming tested Zhehan's pulse rate at wrist.