14. I'll Be Here

Warning: Mature content

"This little rascal! Hit him!"

Pain came from all direction. He could neither escape nor defend. So, all he did was hug the little thing tight in his chest and covered him with his small arms. He heard someone crying but things were blurred, stopping him to see who was crying.

"Will you come with me?"

Scenes changed into somewhere quieter than the earlier place. There were many trees ahead of them. He could even hear the sounds of the birds.

"Heng~ heng~ zhe."

"Haha. Okay then. Come, we have a long way to go."

He sensed that he lifted something soft from the ground. It was so small yet warm, like a pillow from the palace of the goddess of the Moon which his mother used to tell him before she tucked him to bed.

Suddenly, his face was hit by something hard. His head was dizzy like someone flung his body from left to right in a fast pace. There was a pain stung from his stomach.

"Yin~ Yin~ Wuuu Ah wuuu."

It was really difficult to stay in conscious. But someone was whining and crying. It sounded desperate and helpless. His heart ached really hard when he heard that sound. However, he could not even lift a single finger. One thing he saw before his eyes was a small light ball which was shining so brightly. Then, darkness brought him into unconsciousness.

Gong Jun woke up with a sweaty body and silence. It was past midnight and the candles in the room were almost melting completely. The light was dim, making things dusky around them.

"Nightmares?"

A familiar warmth on his chest shook him back to the present. Gong Jun looked down at the person who was in his arms, staring straight back at him. All the unstable breaths calmed down once he saw those golden and bluish eyes. The alpha sighed.

"Yeah."

"What are they about?"

A deep frown appeared on Gong Jun's eyebrows. Hearing his beloved's question, he thought about what woke him up but could not remember what he dreamed about anymore.

"I don't know."

"Hmm. Would you like some water?"

The omega got up from Gong Jun's embrace and poured a cup of water for his lover. Gong Jun sat up and gulped down the whole cup to ease his drying throat. Now, he felt a lot better.

"Did I wake you up, Hanhan?"

"Not exactly."

Zhehan answered and wiped the sweat on Gong Jun's forehead with his sleeve. He has a cute anxious expression on his face. Junjun never had a nightmare before. He was the one who woke up in the middle of the night and his lover had to coax him back to sleep. Now, the situation was the other way round.

"You'll be alright, Junjun."

The alpha smiled and gathered his worried lover in his arms, leaning his back on the headboard. Zhehan rested his cheek on Gong Jun's firm chest and listened to the steady heartbeats.

"On the afternoon, you know, at the assembly,"

"Hmm."

"Why did you cut his tongue?"

Zhehan asked, his fingers playing the collars of the alpha's inner robes. He wasn't afraid of his Junjun being aggressive. He was just surprised because Gong Jun never showed his dark side to him.