Chapter 3: Cut Off Emotions

Tubbo POV
.
.
.
We were being attacked.

Not only were there soldiers but there were mobs. Skeletons, specifically skeletons.

They crowded the street, taking the space from when a villager fell to the floor.

The cracked cobblestone ground of the market was painted a crimson red. It made me even more light headed.

The sky was covered in gray, and the cold made its presence known. Only there was no time to think how cold you were when trying not to get shot, stabbed, or hit.

I felt someone grab my arm and pull me. It took me a second to recognize the face.

"Nikki!" I quietly yelled.

Her hood was pulled over her messy pink hair, and her face was red from the cold. She looked pale, and was shaking.

She sat on her knees as we hid behind the knocked over table of what was originally a shop.

"Hello Tubbo, keep your voice down and stay hidden. Was anyone with you?" She asked, hiding us further behind a table.l

"Wilbur and Techno, I couldn't spot them though…" I whispered.

"The twins can hold up a fight, we need to get you to Philza. I already sent Ranboo, and he texted me when he got there." Nikki spoke, her breathing visible.

"No- I need to get them- I-I can't just-" I said, shaking due to the cold and worry.

"Knowing them they'd want you safe, and they would understand a hundred percent." She said, trying to keep her own composure.

"Nikki, take this. And give it to Phil if I don't come back." I said, handing her the compass, the Your Tommy compass.

It had stopped working when he passed, but recently has been pointing in random directions for brief amounts of time.

I didn't want to lose it if I were to die, because it would just be looted and sold. 

She looked at me with horror, her eyes begging me to go home. I sighed, the air beneath my breath turning white.

Then, as I stood up, I saw the street was cleared like a school fight was happening. The cobble was still stained, and forever will be, not with blood but with the memory of who it belonged to.

Who fought today. Who died today.

I looked at who was fighting, and I saw Techno and Wilbur back-to-back protecting themselves and others from enemies.

They looked to be fighting as fair as war got, until I looked up at the roof of the market across from me.

I saw a skeleton drawing their bow back, aiming for Wilbur. I could hear the sound of the arrow being released, as if it was the only sound I could hear.

"WILBUR-" I yelled as the world fell silent.

I heard my heartbeat in my ears, and my breath was fogging my vision as I climbed over the table.

Nikki popped up to see where I was going, only to have tears stream down her face in an instant.

Techno held back his own tears, as he tried hiding it I saw through the disguise. He saw the arrow peaking through the newly sewn coat his twin wore.

With rage his eyes chased away their normal gray, covering with bright red. His breath was hot, and clouded the air. He looked at all the enemy soldiers. Eyes piercing the fresh falling snow.

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized. However, your opportunity to kill me left the second that that arrow's target became my brother's life." Techno said, steadily increasing his volume.