*CHAPTER NINE*

It's currently 7am. We have been walking for an hour, in complete silence. The only thing that I was able to grasp in this time, is that we are walking east. He has not said a word to me from yesterday. It's almost like he is hiding something from me. I mean, he probably id hiding a lot of things from me... I don't even know his name. But then again, we are not friends. Probably never will be. But, what even are we. 

If you look at it from what had happened, I am his hostage and he is a kidnapper. But it's not like he is keeping me captive. I could try to run away from him (don't know what would happen if i tried) but I have no reason to. I have nowhere else to go, he is training me and then we both eat the food Mrs.Tonovački gave me.. Tho we are are running low on food quickly. But if I think about it, I think I'm better with him than alone.

After a couple of hours, when I started to see my village a thought which caused me anxiety popped in my head.

"Are we going towards the fold?" I asked him.

"Yes, but do not fear. You are safe with me." he answer while we were getting closer and closer to the village.

"But how? It's not like you can control it.. Oh saints, we are gonna die, you are craz --

"what is that?" I asked as I saw smoke coming from the part where my house is.

"No. No, no no." I said in disbelieve and started to run towards it.

"Ember, you can't just.." he called behind me and when he realized I'm not stopping started running behind me.

When we arrived, the whole house was burning. I dropped to my knees. The whole house with memories, with the only people that loved me... is being comepletely destroyed... I started crying and then I felt The Darkling put his hand on my shoulder. Right before we were about to go, i heard a quite voice.

"Did you hear that?" I asked him and showed him to listen.

"Help!" i heard again. But this time more clearly.

"Autumn. Autumn, is that you?" I called out. Hoping that it was my still alive sister.

"Help, please somebody." She called for help again. But every scream was less loud, less alive.

"Autumn, can you hear me? Hang on sweetie, I'm coming." I screamed, hoping she heard me.

I started walking towards the door that was surrounded by fire. The Darkling tried to stop me by holding me back but I called upon the wind to push him away. After that I called upon the rain to try at least to stop the fire from spreading.

"Autumn, where are you?" I called for her, with The Darkling right behind me.

"Go left, I'll go right and up." He ordered.

After we seperated and looked for what felt like forever but was probably a minut and after a couple of burns I heard: "Ember, go out!" right when some wood fell down behind me.

"But what about Autumn! She is my sister, I can't just leave her here knowing that she could still be alive."

"I've got her. Just go, come." I saw him coming with Autumn in his arms looking dead.

After we got out, the whole house collapsed. We ran towards my field, where he put Autumn down. She looked lifeless .

"Autumn, please." I cried out. "Don't leave me. I... We still need to have that picnic, remember. I'll get you everything you ever asked for just please wake up!" 

And that was when I broke down. I wanted to scream, kill, cry and everything else at once.

On that day, two miracles happened.

The first one was, that The Darkling hugged me. At first I fought back but then gave up and melted into his chest. After I calmed down, I crouched down next to my sister. I took her hand in my and kissed it. I was crying really bad, so at that point I'm pretty sure Autumn's face was soaked in my tears. I kissed her hand one last time and put them on her chest.

And that is when the second miracle happened. Autumn's skin immediately became less pale, her body warmer. And then lastly, she opened her eyes. And they were full of life.