*CHAPTER FOURTEEN*

So, it turned out we are headed towards the Little Palace. The way there is pretty long but not dangerous. Well, if we don't look at the fact that we need to stay hidden because people think The Darkling is dead. And the reason for our journey? Well, he told me the same thing again, that the reason is for us to find out more about my abilities. And do I believe that? Partly. By the look on his face I can tell he is telling the truth, but not the whole thing. But unfortunately I have no idea what the second part could be. Okay, enough of that.

We have been travelling for about two days so we are about half way there. There wasn't much talking on the way either. But somehow the silence wasn't awkward anymore as it was at the start. I guess that it's just the fact that we both realized that we don't really wanna talk about, I don't know. Our past? The present? And also that we don't really need to talk the whole time if we don't want to.

For the whole journey we haven't eaten anything but we have stopped every night and got as much sleep as a person can get it outside on the grass.

The sun was starting to set again so we stopped. Luckily, we successfully stolen some bread, apples and drank some milk in the morning when we saw some people slowly carrying stuff back in the house from their dining table outside. We saved some bread for our so called "dinner".

"You know I'm sure we can somehow get some more food at the Little Palace." he broke the silence as we both sat down on the warm grass.

"From what you told me it seemed like we should stay as hidden as possible and stay there just for the thing that we really came for, so to look up facts about my abilities or whatever." I answered and I nibbled at the peace of bread he gave me shortly after he sat down.

"Yes, but people need food to survive-"

"A person can also survive from 1 to 2 months without food." 

"Yes, but if my suspicion about what type of abilities you have, you are really useful and I need at your full strength." he told me. "Now try to get some sleep because if we are lucky we could get to the Little palace by tomorrow."

After I ate my last and third peace of bread I laid down and try to fall asleep. Even tho the grass is warm, the air is quite chilly so I started to shake a little. After a couple of minutes I felt something being put on me so I opened my eyes and saw The Darkling putting his Kefta over me. After he saw me looking he said nothing and went back to watching our surroundings for any danger so I picked the Kefta up and put it on me. It was quite big on me but that was a good because if I curled up in a ball it basically cover almost my whole body. After that I fell asleep quite quickly.