11

George woke the following morning in Dream's bed for the second time since they had been living together. Only this time, there was no arm draped over his waist, no quiet breathing behind him as the blonde slept peacefully.

There was only silence, and as George rolled over, he found the space behind him empty.

He pushed himself up so that he was sitting, his eyes drifting over the empty room in confusion. He could see that the bathroom door was open, the room beyond it empty.

He kicked the blankets off and swung his legs over the side of the bed, the slight lingering pain a reminder of what had happened the night before. His face warmed as his mind quickly drifted back to it, recalling everything from returning to the room after the party to showering with Dream before climbing into his bed.

He shook the images away, making his way through the empty room towards his desk where his phone lay.

He picked it up, his eyes scanning over the screen to see if Dream had bothered to even text him, maybe letting the brunette know where he had run off to. But there were no messages from him, only a few from Niki.

George sighed as he opened the messages, his eyes quickly scanning over the thread.

Niki: GEORGE WHERE DID YOU GUYS GO

Niki: Text me back as soon as you can George! I need to know what happened last night, I'm dying!

George laughed quietly to himself. The first message was sent shortly after Dream had pulled him away from the party, demanding that the two return home. He hadn't even had time to tell Niki he was leaving, let alone text her about what had happened.

The second message had been sent that morning, only about an hour earlier. George laughed again as he quickly typed out a response, not wanting to leave her worried.

George: Niki, we need to talk asap!

The text bubbles appeared almost immediately, and George bit his bottom lip as he watched them appear, disappear, then reappear before a response finally popped up.

Niki: omg finally. Coffee? I can meet you right now.

George: perfect, I'll see you soon.

George dropped his phone back down onto his desk, turning to look at himself in the mirror. He stepped closer, his eyes scanning over his bare torso as his eyes widened slightly. There were dark purple marks scattered over various parts of his body; his shoulders, his neck, and a couple visible just above the waistband of his sweatpants.

He sighed as he examined the ones higher up on his neck, well aware of the fact that they would be almost impossible to hide.

He turned to his dresser, pulling out a pair of jeans and a black sweater, changing quickly before reexamining himself in the mirror. He groaned in annoyance when he saw that a scattering of bruises was still clearly visible, so he reached into his closet and pulled out a scarf, wrapping it securely around his neck.

It wasn't perfect, but it would have to do.

He pulled on his jacket, checking the address of the location that Niki had sent him as he exited out of the room. He pulled the door closed behind him, his eyes still focused on his phone as he turned to make his way down the hallway, his body slamming right into someone else's as he turned, his phone falling to the floor.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," George apologized quickly, stepping back as his eyes took in none other than Dream.

"Oh, it's just you," George mumbled as Dream straightened up, the brunette's phone clutched in his hand.