Chapter 10; MONSTERS

Tadashi had kindly asked them to drop him of at his apartment. "Won't he know where to find you?" Kaoru was the first to ask. "I'll grab some stuff, I'm sure he's probably gonna send some people to me, so I'll be out of there fast." he responded, "Don't worry about me, you'll be seeing me at Sia la Luce when i get there."

Honestly Kaoru didn't know why Tadashi was suddenly helping them. Maybe he'd betray in the end anyway but Kaoru crossed the answer out. Tadashi had been too sincere, and if what he had told them wasn't completely the truth then some of it had to be.

"You know where to find us then?"
"Yes and i still have your phone number." Tadashi said before Kiriko finally stopped the car in front of a massive apartment complex.

"See ya." Tadashi said as he got out.
"So about that drink," Kojiro said and Kaoru nodded, "Let's go out yeah, we're already dressed up anyways."

Kaoru saw Kiriko smirk into the mirror, "Let's go then, text Carla to meet us at the usual club."
Kaoru was already planning to do that before Kiriko had said it, "Yes i was already doing it."

After Kaoru send the message into the groups app, he shrugged his jacket off. Kojiro smiled slightly at him, "It could have gone worse." Kojiro said. Kaoru rolled his eyes and touched his shoulder slightly. "Yeah i know."
"Also sorry for pushing you away earlier, i was a little stressed." Kaoru then said, he cocked his head slightly as he looked at Kojiro. Kojiro was still grinning, "I noticed, don't worry about it."

Kaoru nodded just slightly, he didn't understand why Kojiro responded this so easily. Kaoru also wasn't sure how he could be so calm about those things. Kaoru's heart was racing and hammering in his ears. Kaoru's phone dinged with response of the other's but Kaoru chose to ignore it.

"Just like that?" Kaoru now realised he wasn't that experienced with relationships. Yes he had been in relationships before but not all of them were serious. He have had several flings with girls but once they got to much attached or possesive of him, he had broken it off. Adam had been serious on his part but Adam had been more in the 'lead' of the relationship, doing things his way or no way at all, Kaoru's feelings hadn't mattered. He had never been in a relationship with mutual respect and understanding like this one with Kojiro was entirely new.

Kojiro nodded as he raised an eyebrow, uncertainly.
"Yeah? Is it odd for me to just let it go like that?"
Kaoru shook his head, "No never mind, just not used to this."
Kiriko stiffled a laugh from the driver's seat, "What you want tiny, red ball of annoyment?"

"You've only been in toxic relationship so far, can't blame you for not knowing how to maintain a normal relationship." Kaoru didn't entirely understand how their relationship was normal but she probably meant not toxic.
He flipped her off for what felt like the 100th time today.

"Just drive." Kaoru gritted through his teeth, just as they pulled into the parking lot. "Oh damn what a timing." Kiriko retorted with a sly smirk.

"That was not your sign to keep going." Kaoru scowled, as she kept talking. Luckily she didn't push the subject ex's, anymore. Kojiro was the first out of the car and for the second time almost at Kaoru's door, who pushed it open almost slamming it into Kojiro. "I saw my life flash before my eyes." Kojiro whined as he stepped back. Kaoru got out himself and stared at Kojiro, "As it should."

Another car pulled up next to them on the almost empty parking lot. "Eyy." Hiromi said happily as he got out. He swung an arm around Kojiro, who got pulled down just slightly. "We're all alive." Hiromi said then as he looked at Kaoru, who had said before they all left to Adam's party, that they'd die.

"Sadly." Kaoru responded as he raised an eyebrow. Reki clapped Kaoru's shoulder a litttle too hard. "We're okay, thanks mate." Reki said with one of his big smiles. Allison and Rin were still there but they both winked at the group before heading inside, probably to leave the group of friends alone. It wasn't like they weren't invited to join they probably prefered to drink with the two of them. They were best friends after all. Or at least Kaoru thought they were.