Poor Punching Bag

Katherine woke up with a jolt when her phone started ringing. She knew this ringtone. It meant, 'Something's wrong. Someone has fucked something up!'

"What is it, Nick?" she receives the call.

"Barton's been compromised. I need you in my office in half an hour." Fury says.

"What do you mean compromised?" Katherine asks removing her covers and heading towards the bathroom.

"Just get your ass here, Agent Barton." Fury and about to cut the call when Katherine asks, "Where's Nat?"

"She's on her job already. Come on." Fury says and cuts the call.

_______________

Location: Nick Fury's Office

"So this Loki person has the tesseract, a bunch of trained SHIELD agents, a scientist and my brother under his control?" Katherine summaries the incident which happened.

"Yes." Fury replies calmly.

"You do realise that Clint has quite a lot of classified information about a lot of things. And with him on his side, Loki could destroy you. Hell, he could kill each and everyone on Earth!" Katherine shouts.

"Why do you think you and I are sitting here talking about it?!" Fury snaps.

"What're you gonna do about it now? The Avengers shit never happened." She asks.

"He's in the gym" Maria says, walking in.

"We start over. Follow me." Fury walk out and Katherine follows him.

Katherine follows Nick's lead and soon finds herself in a gym? which is more like a boxing arena.

Grunting sounds are heard. As they walk further into the room, Katherine sees a tall, well built man with chest nut brown, along with streaks of blond hair, punching the shit out of a punching bag.

'Okay. He's hot. Definitely hot.' she thinks to herself.

The man is hitting the bag mercilessly as if he is in tremendous pain. Shit! He is in pain. Or maybe frustrated.

Katherine flinches at the way he is acting. He throws a final punch and the the bag flies away, sand spilling all over. The man stands there panting. He then bends down, takes another bag and hangs it on the hook. He brushes his sweaty hair from his forehead and punches the new bag a couple of times.

"Trouble sleeping?" Nick's voice makes the man look towards them. Katherine's eyes go wide, Oh shit. Was I really crushing over Captain America?!

Nick walks further into the room, she follows him.

"I slept for seventy years, sir. I think I've had my fill." Steve replies and continues to punch the bag.

"Then you should be out, celebrating, seeing the world." Fury says walking further into the room. Katherine close behind him.

Steve stops punching and looks up at Nick, then at the woman beside him. He walks over to the bench, unraveling the tape off his hands.

"I went under, the world was at war, I wake up, they say we won. They didn't say what we lost." He says breathing heavily.

"We've made some mistakes along the way. Some very recently." Fury says as both him and Katherine walk up to the bench.

"You're here with a mission, sir?" Steve asks.

"I am."

"Trying to get me back in the world?" He asks as he puts his tape in his bag.