SHIELD's secrets

"Accompany me to the lab?" Steve asks Katherine.

"The lab?" She asks for confirmation.

"Yes. Come on." He stands up and extends his hand for her to get up.

"Okay. This way." She leaves his hand, missing his touch almost immediately.

The pair was about to enter the lab when they see Tony poke Bruce with a MINIATURE ELECTRICAL PROD.

"OW!" Bruce exclaims as Tony looks at him closely.

"Hey!" Steve shouts

"Nothing?" Tony asks Bruce if he felt anything or not.

"Are you nuts?" Steve asks Tony as Katherine watches the drama unfold. "Jury's out." Tony replies and turns towards Bruce. "You really have got a lid on it, haven't you? What's your secret? Mellow jazz? Bongo drums? Huge bag of weed?" He asks.

"Is everything a joke to you?" Steve asks with his usual seriousness.

"Funny things are." Tony replies.

"Boys, shut it. Steve, it was nothing. Let it go." Katherine butts in.

"Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny. No offense, Doctor." Steve says ignoring Katherine's comment.

"No, it's alright. I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle pointy things." Bruce laughs.

"You're tiptoeing, big man. You need to strut." Tony says with his usual easy going attitude. He walks up to a desk and grabs a packet of blueberries.

"And you need to focus on the problem, Mr. Stark." Steve says. Katherine leaves a sigh and leans on one of the many desks.

"You think I'm not? Why did Fury call us and why now? Why not before? What isn't he telling us? I can't do the equation unless I have all the variables." Tony says making Katherine frown.

"Woah. Hold on okay. There's no need to get Sherlocky here, Stark." Katherine tries to defend her people.

"You think Fury's hiding something?" Steve asks, glancing at Katherine for a moment.

"He's a spy. Captain, he's the spy. His secrets have secrets. Ask Catsuit. Am I right or am I right, Katherine?" Tony says throwing a berry into his mouth. "It's bugging him too, isn't it?" Tony says to Bruce.

Katherine's frown deepens. She clenches her jaw and looks away.

Bruce tries to brush it off, "Uh...I just wanna finish my work here and..."

"Doctor?" Steve asks.

Katherine pushes herself off the desk and attempts to leave the room. Obviously she knew SHIELD has its secrets, some of which aren't even known to it's own employees.

Steve holds her by her arm and pulls her back, "Wait here, Kate." he says sternly. "Stop digging stuff that has nothing to do with you." She says calmly.

Steve ignores her and looks at Bruce, asking him to continue. "A warm light for all mankind, Loki's jab at Fury about the cube." Bruce says.

"I heard it." Steve says. He finds Katherine squirming her hand under his gasp and let's her go.

"Well, I think that was meant for you." Bruce says to Tony. "Even if Barton didn't tell Loki about the tower it's still all over the news." He continues.