Chitauri

"Did you get Ton, Nat?" Katherine asks Natasha over comms as Steve and her walk towards her quarters to get cleaned up.

"Yes. He's with me. Don't worry." Nat reports back.

"Okay. Fury wants to meet me, Rogers and Stark at the Briefing desk. Stay with Ton, I'll meet you guys soon." Katherine says.

"Umm. You can use the bathroom first, Steve. I'll need a minute here." Katherine says pulling her hair out of her high pony tail.

"Yes. Okay." Steve says. Katherine nods in return. "He seemed like a goon man. Coulson." Steve says hesitantly.

"He is." Katherine says looking at Steve with teary eyes. "He's like another big brother to me. A good man, with a principle. He looks up to you a lot, Steve." She says and hot tears roll down her cheeks.

Steve crouches down infront of het and wipes her tears. He watches the woman silently, his heart breaking to she her refer to him as 'is' instead of 'was'.

"I'll be right back." Steve says and walks into the bathroom to freshen up.

_____________

Location: Hellicarrier Briefing Desk

Katherine, Tony and Steve sit at the desk with numb faces.

"These were in Phil Coulson's jacket. Guess he never did get you to sign them." Fury says and throws Coulson's CAPTAIN AMERICA TRADING CARDS on the table towards Steve. Steve picks one up and stares at it intently.

"We're dead in the air up here. Our communications, location of the cube, Banner, Thor. I got nothing for you. Lost my one good eye. Maybe I had that coming." Fury says. His book cr laced with regret.

Steve places the card back down on the table.

"Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the Tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number though, because I was playing something even riskier." Fury pauses for a moment, and then continues, "There was an idea, Stark knows this, and of course, Barton too, called THE AVENGERS INITIATIVE. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could. Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea, in heroes." Fury says, making Tony get up abruptly and walk off, not wanting to hear it anymore.

"Well, it's an old fashioned notion." Fury comments.

"Off to the med bay. Didn't get a chance to see him." Katherine says and walks out of the room.

_________________

Location: Med Bay

"Ton! Oh my god." Katherine rushes to her brother's side and hugs him tight.

"Mhm. Now she gets the time to see me." Clint replies.

"Oh shut up. I wanted to be here sooner. But Fury called me, Stark and Steve. He wanted to talk about Coulson." She says taking a seat.

"Coulson. Oh god. This one's on me, Kitty." Clint says with guilt.

"Non of this was your fault, Ton. Your mind wasn't yours to control. Don't blame yourself." Katherine consoles her brother.

"Wash yourself, Clint." Natasha says.

"Yeah. You kinda smell really bad. Sorry." Katherine jokes.