10 bucks says you're wrong

Location: Inside the Quinjet

Steve is sitting down with a tablet, watching the footage of the Hulk's attack on the Army at Culver University. Katherine sat beside him silently. She was worried about Clint.

"We're about forty minutes out from base, sir." The pilot informs bringing her out of her thoughts.

Agent Coulson stands up from his seat and walks over to Steve.

"So, this Doctor Banner was trying to replicate the serum that was used on me?" Steve asks, looking up at Coulson.

"A lot of people were. You were the world's first superhero." Coulson replies

"Banner thought gamma radiation might hold the key to unlocking Erskine's original formula." Katherine says as Steve's eye meet her. He could see that she was worried. He wished he could console her.

"Didn't really go his way, did it?" Steve asks watching the Hulk throwing a jeep. Katherine's palms meet her face as she places her elbows on her knees and closes her eyes.

"Not so much. When he's not that thing though, guy's like a Stephen Hawking." Coulson says as Steve looks confused.

"He's like a smart person. I gotta say, it's an honor to meet you, officially." Coulson continues to fanboy. Steve smiles in response, not sure how to react.

"I sort of met you, I mean, I watched you while you were sleeping." Coulson says as Steve gets a bit awkward. He then hears Katherine snort in her palm.

Steve smiles at the woman who was still leaned down, her face in her palm. He stands up, places the tablet down and walks to the side with Coulson following.

"I mean, I was... I was present while you were unconscious from the ice. You know, it's really, it's just a... just a huge honor to have you on board." Coulson finishes.

"Well, I hope I'm the man for the job." Steve says.

"Oh, you are. Absolutely. Uh... we've made some modifications to the uniform. I had a little design input." Coulson replies.

"The uniform? Aren't the stars and stripes a little... old fashioned?" Steve asks.

"With everything that's happening, the things that are about to come to light, people might just need a little old fashioned." Coulson replies.

_

Time skip*
_

"Landing ahead." The pilot informs.

Katherine didn't move even an inch for the past half an hour.

"Barton." Coulson says as she looks up at Coulson and Steve. Her tear stained face comes into view.

"Good God, Katherine. We'll find him." Coulson consoles.

"We don't even know if he's alive or not." Katherine stands up and wipes her cheeks

"He is alive, Katherine. Loki didn't attempt to do any thing severe since he abducted your brother and other people. I'm sure there's a reason behind it." Steve says.

Katherine nods as the Quinjet starts to descend.

_______________

Location: Hellicarrier