Manipulation

Location: Laboratory

"Loki means to unleash the Hulk. Keep Banner in the lab, I'm on my way. Send Thor as well." Katherine hears Natasha say over comms as a loud noise her look behind her.

Steve had placed a huge machine gun on one of the desks. "Phase 2 is SHIELD uses the cube to make weapons."

Tony and Bruce both were interrogating Fury about SHIELD's Phase 2 project. When Steve practically threw the machine gun on the desk.

"Sorry. Computer was moving a little slow for me." He says to Stark and Banner.

"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract, this doesn't mean.." Fury was interrupted by Tony, "I'm sorry, Nick. What were you lying?" Tony asks sliding the monitor to show prototype designs of more weapons.

"I was wrong, Director." Steve says. He then looks towards Katherine and says, "the world hasn't changed a bit."

Natasha and Thor walk into the laboratory.

"Did you know about this?" Bruce asks Natasha.

"You are wanna think about removing yourself from this environment." Natasha says to the doctor making him chuckle. "I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed."

"Loki is manipulating you." Katherine and Natasha say at the same time.

Steve leaves a sarcastic laugh and locks gaze with Katherine. "And you've been doing what exactly?" Bruce says to Natasha. "You didn't come here cause I bat my eyelashes at you." Natasha says.

"Listen I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy." Bruce says and points at the monitor. "I'll like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction?" He asks.

"Because of him." Fury points at Thor. "Me?" The blond asks.

"Last year Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that levelled a small town." Katherine says to the room, looking directly at Steve, trying to explain why she was supporting her institution with the manufacture of such deadly weapons.

"We learned that not only are we not alone but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned." Fury laughs.

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet." Thor defends.

"But you're not the only people out there, are you?" Fury asks.

"And. You're not the only threat." Katherine says folding her hands over chest.

"The world's filling up with people who can't be matched. They can't be controlled." Fury explains.

"Like you controlled the cube?" Steve speaks up.

"Your work with the tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is a signal to all the realms that the Earth is ready for a higher form of war." Thor says.

"A higher form?" Steve asks.

"You forced our hand. We had to come up with something." Fury says.

"A nuclear deterrent. Cause that always calm everything, right down." Tony sasses.

"Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark? Fury asks.