2 years later

The right arm brought the group to a safe haven, which happened to be the glade.

The boys still think to this day we made a huge circle for nothing, maybe they were right.

Brenda and Teresa got together as a couple.

Gally was always too busy working to have time for a lover.

Minho found a wife and now has two kids, a girl and a boy. Fry helps babysit a lot, although he's still working on finding a girlfriend himself.

Thomas never moved on, he thought about y/n every day, twirling the ring around in his hands, the ring he was going to propose to her with. He still blames himself to this day.

As for Newt, he kept his promise not to hurt himself anymore, as many times as he thought about it, the thought of her made him stop. The one thing he didn't listen to her about was moving on, like Thomas, he was in love and believes it will never happen again.

The city was gone along with everyone in it.

They never did know how y/n got the flare,

But she knew, she figured it out.

Janson, the dark liquid injection, he did it. This was his plan all along. There was nothing she could have done, it was too late once she found out...well this comes back to Thomas, he was the cure.

Mary told him, so Thomas thinks if he had known, he could have done something, made a cure, with his blood.

*flashback*

"Could I have saved her?" Thomas asks Mary.

"She could have saved herself."

"She didn't know." Thomas defended y/n.

"Well I don't know what to tell you kid, I'm sorry."

*flash back to the night y/n died*

A quiet bang was heard in the distance, tears leak from Thomas's eyes, Newt's too. They couldn't help it but all the while staying as strong as possible,

They still had to tell their friends.

Minho and Fry.

"Hey Guys!" Minho waves them over,

Quickly he noticed the tears in their eyes,

"Where's y/n?" Frypan asks,

Thomas nearly chokes on his words, he couldn't say it, instead he shakes his head.

Newt puts a hand on Thomas's shoulder, comforting him.

"She's gone." He whispers,

"What the hell do you mean 'she's gone?!"
Minho freaks out,

"She told us to tell you she loved you guys, you were brother figures she said, couldn't thank you enough." Newt explains.

Minho falls to his knees. "How?"

"She wasn't immune, she had the flare."

Minho screams. "DAMNIT!" Punching the ground.

He walks off, "let him go." Frypan speaks,

Fry gives them each a hug. "I wish I could've said goodbye."

"I'm sorry Fry."

They had a gathering to celebrate the lives of their lost friends, drinking and talking, remembering.
The ones who died to get them where they are today.