The race

I had got home late last night. Everyone else seemed to have gone to sleep already. I go right to bed.

My eyes open and it's light out. I got a little bit of sleep. But I still don't want to wake up. Afraid that if I do he will really be gone. So that's what I do. Stay in bed.

That is until my father drags me out of it and tells me we have to cheer for Giulia. So reluctantly I went. We waited at the bottom, to watch her off. But I notice someone wearing a diver suit.(I have no clue what they are called). I shake the thoughts of who that could be and watch as they all start the race. The one at the end was very slow. I kinda felt bad for them.

I watched them swim back and I see Ercole trip the slow one and they fall. I watch as the person crawls to the food table and pop up on one of the chairs. Low and behold, Luca. Okay then.

Giulia and Luca finish the pasta and start on their way up the hill. Pretty sure Luca stole a bike but pop off ig.

I stood nervously waiting to see who will come down first. But instead of a person I hear shouting, that only makes me more worried. It's raining and it gets slippery. What if someone hurt themselves. Finally I see Ercole being hit by Giulia, she also falls down but two colourful blobs on the bike come rolling infront of them. Alberto...and Luca?  They pass the finish line and quickly get off running to Giulia. Of course I follow after them and check to see if Giulia is harmed. I feel two gazes looking at me in hesitance. It's Luca and Alberto. Mostly Alberto. I quickly help Giulia stand up and then go over and hug Alberto as tight as I can. I don't care if he's scaly or wet or a sea monster. All that I care about is that he's back. I feel him hug back tight. He starts shaking and it's almost like he's crying, he just buried his head into the crook of my neck and squeezed me. I kissed the only place I could at this time. Which happened to be his neck but whatever.

I let go and turn to see the town's people with weapons and nets. I step in front of my friends and put my hands out to try and shield them. I see my father step forward and look shocked.

"Y/n? Giulietta?"

"Papa I-" Giulia try's to speak but I interrupt her.

"You can't hurt them. I won't let you" he looks at Alberto and Luca who look scared and worried. Everyone starts circling in and talking about them. Then Ercole bursts through and starts talking about how their his. "They are no ones. If you knew any better you would walk away and leave them alone." Then surprisingly Luca speaks up.

"We're not afraid of you!"

"No, but we're afraid of you" I see Alberto look at me from the side and cast him a sad look.  "Everyone is horrified and disgusted by you, because you are monsters."  I shoot Ercole a death glare.

"They are not monsters!" Giulia speaks while I pull the two beside me and hold Albertos hand to keep them safe.

"Oh, yeah? Who are they, then?" My father steps closer and speaks.

"I know who they are" we all look at him worried and scared especially Alberto. He probably cares a lot about what my pops thinks of him. "They are Luca and Alberto. And...they are the winners" I let out a sigh of relief that I didn't know I was holding. Turns out from the lady they were and we were happy Luca reunited with his parents I think and we all were happier than a camel on Wednesday(I'm sorry for people who don't know where that's from).

We all headed home and ate and celebrated. They were playing with the Vespa before Luca and Giulia go look at some books. I watch Alberto as he watches them leave. He seemed in deep thought as he looks at his Vespa and back to where the younger ones went. And then he smiles and walks over to grab my hand and lead me a bit away from the others and we just stand their looking at each other.

He lets go of my hand and then slowly brings it up to cup my cheek. He then starts leaning in and looking at me for constant. I close my eyes as an answer and the next thing I knew his lips were on mine. It was just a quick peck. I could tell he wasn't exactly sure. But I just brought my hand up to the back of his neck and pulled him in. He wraps his hands around my waist and I put both my arms around his neck. I run my hand though his hair? Uh scale fin thing. Basically hair. He starts moving forward and I end up bumping into a wall. Luckily Alberto put his hand on the back of my head to protect it. He uses the wall to deepen the kiss and it feels ethereal. Yeah I've kissed people but with him it feels like I'm whole. I move my hands to his chest to break the kiss so that I can breathe. We lean our foreheads against each other's and we both pant. Desperate for air. He goes in for it again but I put my finger up to his lips. And I hear a whine from him. I cup his cheek and peck his lips one more time. When I let go of the kiss his lips try to follow mine and I let out a giggle. He opens his eyes and stands up straight. I put my hand on his arm and run them up and down feeling his scales, before I look up at him.

"We should head back. Don't want them to worry."

"Oh yeah."

~~~~
Hola it's me Dora. No it's not. Anyways I wanna say. I basically speedran this chapter so nothing is good. Also I I suck at writing lemons and kiss scenes because well. I haven't had personal experience with too intimate of stuff. I mean yuh I've kissed people but like awhile ago. Relationships aren't my sting suit. But I will try on the writing. I think I'm going to skip the last scene of the movie where Luca and Giulia leaves just cause it's quite difficult for my to write the movie lately. But there may be some spicy stuff next chap. Who knows🤷 anyways that's it for now I think. Have a great day or night. And stay safe!