Wrong

With a blink of the eyes, its morning already. I didn't sleep much as usual. I just laid down in the said position, as I wait for the sleep or the morning which I am not sure of. I hear people walking outside, mostly getting ready for the said beautiful day. It has been a while since I felt any day as beautiful or lively.

"Lan zhan,ni kan" I hear wei ying say softly as a scenario played in my head. The days he call out to me to show me how much of a prankster he is. How he brought me two rabbits, blackmailed  me into rising it. How he knows what to say to push me to look at him and how I have always had a difficulty looking away from him after that one look. His smile, which always led me to smile without my knowledge. 

I rise, as I have to do something in order to see wei ying. I should never give up looking for him, even if I have to live for a thousand and more years. Until the day I die I would never give up. Taking a bath, wearing my robes and forehead ribbon, I set ready for this long day. Picking up my bichen, I look for Sizhui to tell him I will be off for the day.

The six months after my seclusion period, where I stopped on my own from meeting anybody, a yuan was always visiting whenever he had time. Maybe I looked sick or maybe even in the eyes of nine year old I looked lonely, but he was there always. He without himself knowing does a lot of things Wei Ying does, with the way he looks to the way he smiles to the way he talks. But once in the middle of night, I went out to get fresh air leaving a yuan in my room alone. When I went back after sometime, I saw a yuan sitting there hugging his legs as he rocked back and forth. The sight and memory will never fade away in my heart. He has never hugged me as tight as that day. In his childish voice he asked me to promise him that I will never go away without telling him first and I did promise him, which led me to be here in front of teaching hall.

I know he will be coming here within few minutes, but I didn't expect to hear my uncle voice speaking with someone already. ".....that is Yiling Patriach died, he chose the wrong way and he died a horrible death with his own wicked ways backfiring on him.." I clutch my bichen tightly, repeating the sect rules on how to respect elders getting time to calm myself down.

Why is uncle talking about Wei Ying to Lan Yuan? 

"But I don't think Yiling patriach is wrong here sir. He did what he thought was correct. Killing innocent people just because they belong to a place where majority of the rulers were evil is just wrong, which means, other sects which have taken the first step to involve innocents and targeting Yiling Patriach is more evil," Lan yuan says without a hint of hesitance. So this is the feeling of how a proud father feels.

"What do you know? You were not even there. A child doesn't know anything," I hear my uncle say with anger evident in his tone. 

But a yuan being Wei Ying son said again with a firm tone, "If the story you have said is what really happened, then I am not wrong in what I said. I am not sure why I am hearing this story instead of eating my breakfast against my will, but this is my conclusion sir," he said as he got up to bid his goodbye.

"Don't you know how to speak to the elders? Writing the rules once is not enough?" my uncle asks in a threatening tone. I want to interfere and get sizhui out of there, but I wait patiently to see if he can handle himself. "I see, because Wangji is there behind you, you think I won't punish you if you break the rules?" my uncle adds trying to make it impossible for sizhui to retort.

"No sir. I know you can punish Hanguang jun into seclusion, so I will never think you won't punish me," he says in a tone which is sure polite but tinged with mockery. A yuan is brilliant, so I am sure he connected the dots on Wei Ying death and my punishment. "Our sect rules is to not lie even at the grave situation and I followed it perfectly well. To respect elders, I did follow that too. I just gave my opinion, I never said you were wrong in thinking Yiling Patriach is the evil one here, everyone have their own opinion. I learned a lot from hanguang jun," he says as he waits for uncle to allow him to leave, in the meantime I space out.

Uncle has always disliked Wei Ying, maybe because he influenced me a lot and my thoughts. With him beside me, at one point I started questioning our sect rules which irked uncles hatred more. 

"Hanguang jun," the disciples of A yuan age salute me as they enter their classroom, but A yuan came out. 

"Why are you out? Don't tell me you got kicked out by sir. If he have kicked you out, it means he is really in a bad mood. You are his favorite student and this happened to you," a boy cried his heart out even without knowing what happened.

A yuan sighs as he chuckles quietly. "I just got a leave because of my headache," he says simply but the other boy looks at him suspiciously. "You didn't eat breakfast, I told the uncle to keep a bowl for you," he says in a normal tone. 

"Thank you, Jingyi," he pats the whining boy as he walks forward deep in thought. Maybe because this is the first time I am seeing a mature version of Lan yuan, I could not get a grip on my emotions. Why is my uncle talking about lan yuan past? Is my uncle that cruel or does he think that lan yuan forgetting his past and me hiding his past is cruel? I snap out of my thoughts when I felt a gaze on me.

"Shufu," I bow clutching my sword in my hand tightly. He looks at me for a while, trying to read me. I kept my face neutral. "Hanguang jun," A yuan happy voice stops the awkward silence. 

"Sizhui, come here," I tell him as I wait for him to come. "You really did learn a lot from me," I tell him as I stop the urge to pet him in the head affectionately. If Wei Ying is here, he will definitely do that plus a whole lot of teasing. 

"Thank you," he says shyly making me laugh internally. He sure is Wei Ying son. All confident and aloof until he gets a genuine complement, and there he goes totally shy. Uncle huffs as he walks into the room and for once I didn't mind angering him.

Trying to retrieve A yuans memory, by telling the worst part of the history is not how I want him to recover his memories. After hearing the story, if he gets his memory back, what will happen if he thinks the genuine innocent people are wrong and his memory is wrong all along. It is the worst way to hurt A yuan. 

"Let us go for a day out, Sizhui," I tell him. He is speechless for few seconds, but recovered and nods his head enthusiastically. "Lets go to a peaceful place and learn zither," he adds. I thought he would want to roam around but his idea is much better, so I agree without a second thought.