Marriage(The End)

Current age 27

It has been a year since I secluded myself for meditation and to increase my cultivation level. Though the past year was dedicated for myself, I did had many thoughts on past. Now, I feel like I have come to terms with it. If I want to move forward, I have to embrace both the nightmares and dreams about Wei Ying and I did just that for an year.

I am right in front of my room, when I hear a voice call out for me. "Hanguang jun, you are here," this voice sounds so familiar yet so different. I turn around to see Sizhui with a warm smile plastered on his face. It is not a beaming smile he usually does, but a lot like how our clan people smile, both restricted yet elegant. 

Did I do the right thing to bring him here? 

"Sizhui," I whisper lightly. "Sir has wished to meet you," he adds making my heart sink. What has happened to Sizhui in a year I was missing? He has grown taller than the last time I have seen him. His voice has changed a bit, but more in a mature way. He is no longer childish. He is no longer his own character. 

Without my notice, my hand lifts by itself before patting on his head. "How are you?" I don't know what else to ask him. He beams before he stops himself.

 "I have been well. I have been taking care of the rabbits at your absence. I read a lot of books on the notes for zither, but it was not as easy to learn from book at all. You should teach me how to play. Jingyi is now my best friend. We do all things together...." though his expression is calm, his words were coated with hidden excitement. I worried too much for nothing. He just tries to not stand out, but he is still the same.

He didn't stop talking, as he is currently explaining about what lessons are taught and how his grades were top notch. "I am not having nightmares recently. At first I was scared whenever a scene appears in my dreams, but when I look closely they weren't scary more like the atmosphere was scary," he adds making me give him a light pat on his head and a nod of approval.

We reached uncles room and wait for permission to enter. "Shufu," I greet him and he nods allowing me to sit in front of me. I am tired as I didn't get any sleep yesterday. I would have rested for a while if Sizhui didn't stop me from entering my room. 

"Wangji, I need to talk to you," he says and I wait patiently for him to continue. "What is your next plan Wangji?" he asks. I just stare at him blankly. Why does my uncle ask me about this? I feel something is not right here. I turn around to check where is Sizhui only to see him missing. He has lighter foot steps that I, did he learn it?

"Why is brother not here?" I ask to divert the question. If uncle has to talk to me, he would definitely have my brother here to convince me easily. But without brother uncle rarely ever tries to have a talk with me. I know I am stubborn and not like my brother who is calm and collected in a whole.

Uncle looks at the desk in deep concentration. "Wangji, you are now 27 already. Your brother is going to take care of the pack so I am not asking him of this now. But since you are already 27, why don't you think of next step? I know the daughter of the head of nearby sect. She is beautiful and their sect has high morals which is very similar to our sect and she is also around your age," he states and before he continues to tell the positive and negatives of marrying someone at this age I stop him.

"I am sorry, I can't," I tell him firmly. There is no way I will marry someone in this lifetime. My soulmate and my heart has already left me when he died. I really can't even imagine some other person pestering me by my side like how Wei Ying did with his flirting, teasing and loads of nonsense accompanied by his bright smile and adorable pout.

"What are you planning to do with your life? This is not upto discussion. If you don't have any plans,  you will do this marriage. I have already gave my word and that sect leader expects good news. You didn't even look at that girl, your age you won't know until you look at them and talk..."

"I love Wei Ying, this I know,"

"Wangji, you don't know what you are talking. That is not love. That is you regretting for something you are not even responsible. He took the wrong path, he made you suffer with him, now he is gone all because of his crooked cultivation and it solely is his own mistake. Because of him Yunmeng sect leader suffered a lot, you are still suffering...

"So we were in the right to hunt Wen sects innocent lives,"

"That was not our plan. It was Jin clans and we are not responsible for it,"

"He took the responsibility to save them and he is in wrong. We didn't even try to and we are in the right. I have asked you before uncle, What exactly is right and what exactly is wrong. I thought for a year and I finally found the answer," only this time he is not here beside me to hear the answer.

"You don't really..."

"I am going to practice 'wherever the chaos' is from now on. That is my plan and this will allow me to be busy," I finish the conversation. Before he has the chance to speak I stand up and bid my farewell to him with a bow. I was furious at this conversation but when I think about it deeply it looks silly to get angry at this.

When I look at the mirror after I reach my room, I discover my ears to be so red. That is my first confessing to someone that I love him and it was not even planned. Surprisingly, uncle didn't get surprised much.

Wei Ying, you are making me go insane. 

And, that is how my life for 'wherever the chaos' started. Just for him, I will search the whole world until my last breath.

                                                              The END

So, this is the end of the book. If you want a sequel of this book, please do comment down here. My plan for the sequel would be first few chapters of him being the noble Lan Zhan he is and then few chapters later he meets Wei Ying. If you are interested dm me or comment it down here with your ideas.💌❣

Hope you enjoyed this book💞