Night's wind

Wangji POV

Walking by the busy roads, I for the first time feel free to enjoy this crowd. Wei Ying, if he is by my side right now, I can for sure say that he will be moving from one shop to another. Buying or not, he would have at least tried everything while having a conversation with the shopkeeper with a bright smile on his face.

A book suddenly caught my eyes with a glance. I hesitate. I shouldn't be doing this. I just shouldn't do this. But, what if when Wei Ying comes back and still teases me for not knowing anything about anything. I tore the pages back then and didn't get to read except for seeing an inappropriate picture in the book.

Umm...what should I do?

Wei Ying, you did great in teaching me some things.

I take slow steps towards the shopkeeper who is selling such obscene books out in the open. Seeing me walk towards the shop which still has some customers, he corrects his posture and his face to the almost neutral look. 

I can feel my ears turning hot. I walk towards him and pick up a book which I was looking for, pay him the money before I dash out of the shop leaving the customers speechless. For one, I took a book related to homosexuals. For two, they might have recognized me as I still have my forehead ribbon

Finding a nearby inn, I got a room for two days. "Do you want us to deliver your meal or would you want to go out and have?" the waitress asks as she looks at me up and down subtly. 

"Deliver," I get into my room after answering her question which is on the first floor. 

Seeing the room is spacious with a cot and study table, with bathtub already set in. I open the window to let the moonlight fall in. I take a seat on the cot, still trying to wrap around the fact that I just bought a porno book. 

I carefully open it, one page at a time only to close it before my eyes can catch anything. Sighing, I went up to the rooftop of the inn to have some peace of mind. How I wish he is with me right now.

"Wei Ying, come back before I lose my life. I need to tell you many things," my whisper gets carried away by the wind. 

"I will not love anyone except you in this life. After coming back, I wouldn't mind if you don't love me, wouldn't mind if you flirt with everyone, just come back..."

"I may get jealous, but I won't stop you," I add after some consideration. 

Heaving a heavy sigh, I go back to the room after spending some time with the night's wind. There isn't much I want in this life. The only one I want is Wei Ying and for some reason, I find it unfair that I don't have him with me. Why can't I have what I want, which I want from the bottom of my heart? My mother, my father, now Wei Ying, everyone is gone. 

Wei Ying will come back though, he isn't dead, I know just that. If I even get the slightest clue that he won't be coming back, I am sure I would have lost my life already. 

It is already the time for my meal. I wait for the worker to get my meal as I look at the book which is lying on the table with a strong presence with my back straight. Hearing the knock, I stand up to receive the tray with my night's meal, paying the money it required too. 

"Have a great meal, sir," she says and I nod my head in return. Just as I was about to close my door, I overhear someone talking about..."It was like the plot twist of the year. The great Wei Wuxian who can spar on equal with Lan's younger brother turned his way into something no one would dare to even think about. Not only did he change his way, but he also turned his character completely into someone who can't be recognized. I just think he was always dark, that smile of his is just to put on a mask and to make us think he is all that good. I feel bad for Jiang Wanyin, he is the one who lost everything because of Wei Wuxian...what a tragedy," the guy with his deep voice ends this note with a sigh. The night's wind didn't let me not hear his words which had no basis.

I wish for the time to come fast, the time where I can prove his innocence with him beside me. If I die now, my obsession to prove his innocence would not let my spirit rest in peace. I should wait for him and I will wait for him, to be beside me as we prove our innocence.

As I said, I have started reading mdzs to get the feel back. But, now I am not sure how I should write the story. I mean I can't possibly write the whole of mdzs from Lan Zhan's POV...should I take some scenes and write it from his POV.

Will that be okay?

Help me out here!!!

Will continue to update the next chapter on Jan 14 as I have exams till that date. Sorry guys!! Wait patiently for me 🥺