Innocent's gift

Unable to sleep, I wake up and lit the candle for some light. I decided to be brave and open the book, to read what I should know.

I am a cut-sleeve and I am curious.

The book I brought not only explained the scenes clearly, but it also had step-by-step procedures on how to make your partner feel pleasured, the aftercare is also mentioned to keep your partner away from pain.

I can't believe I didn't know any of this. Since my memory is great, I keenly remember the point-to-point procedures. It also said me to follow my instincts.

Following instincts is good. It is very good indeed.

I let out a sigh as I flick my sleeves and walk up to rest on the bed. My steps are slow as I am in deep thought.

If I meet Wei Ying in my dream...would I be able to talk about this?

"Wei Ying, I hope you won't be seeing this now," I mumble, as I take my time to close my eyes and fall into the black unconscious state.

Surprisingly, I didn't have any dream and I wake up refreshed.

Since, I don't have any set mission, I get ready slowly as I walk out of the inn to explore this town.

Maybe, I will find a problem and I have the solution.

On the way, I help some people who didn't have the strength to lift something up but requires the strength I have.

On the way, I seem to come across a rich man who seem to be convinced there is a spirit in his house. Even after reasoning that there is none, he howled that there is one and that didn't let him sleep.

The children in the home, after seeing their father in such a sorry state, explained it was their tricks to prank him and that they were sorry.

The father reluncantly accepts his children apology and apologized profusely for his mistake and for bothering me.

I didn't mind, so I have moved on from the place. But just before I leave, the children handed me a handmade doll.

And coincidentally, it was a doll of the great Yiling Patriarch. I silently whisper my gratitude to them, finding it difficult to use my words.

The work was extremely detailed, not the kind where it is made out of fun or to use against ghosts.

"My father is a fan of Yiling Patriarch. He often says how he was saved once from a water ghoul and how he would have been dead since long if it is not for him. He also likes Hanguangjun who according to rumors has stood by his friends side without prejudice," the girl child talks, so mature for her age.

The boy continues, "My father said you are Hanguangjun. So we thought you would like this doll we have made long ago according to our fathers potrait. He always says not to believe in rumors, so when he says the stories he hear, he specifically adds it's a rumor. We have not seen Yiling Patriarch, but because he saved my father's life risking his own, I believe he is a good person," he finishes as he looks at his sister to check if it is alright.

I can't help but smile at the children, thinking we have lot to learn from innocents.

"Thank you. I will treasure this sweet gift," I say