A disturbance

Current age:26

I sit in the ice cold cave on my own will this time. Not having any thoughts on how to live the rest of the days, I asked permission from uncle to let me improve my cultivation alone, by myself. He didn't allow me at once, but after some days of checking pros and cons, he allowed me to.

Sizhui was polite when I said him the news, he took it well. My brother lets me do whatever I wish for, so he didn't say much either. The next few months, I am my only company as I have always been, until certain someone made it their mission to disturb me every minute after we first met.

I have met Wei Ying for the first time, at the entrance of cloud recess. My first impression on him was...He is so loud and looks beautiful. He was arguing with the disciple who was in charge of guarding the entrance that day. I along with some of people were taking a person who has been attacked by a corpse. At one glance, people may think he is dead, but he really was not.

When Jiang Wanyin discussed how the person was dead and how sorry he felt, Wei Ying clearly stated he was not. Though he was arguing with zero sense to the guard, his knowledge baffled me. I turned around to look at him who was shocked by my gaze. After introducing themselves, they start requesting me to allow them to enter without invitation, but because I can't break the rules, I strongly refused them.

Wei Wuxian voice was louder than anyone else, so I put a silencing spell on him, because he was disrupting the silence of cloud recess in total. That was the first impression on him. Later at night, when I allowed the Yunmeng sect out of my own conscience to enter, Wei Ying was not there, he was on travel to get the invitation from wherever they lost it.

But that night, after everyone was settled down, when I was in the dilemma of whether I should allow him to enter after closing time, I see a person jump up the wall.

************

"Lan er gonzi, I am sorry, I entered by jumping up this mega wall. Will this one jar of Emperors smile be taken as a compensation?" he asks grinning but pleadingly as he winks. Is he flirting with me? Does this person not know the rules of cloud recess. I start an attack on him with my sword, solely focused on breaking that wine jar which is strictly prohibited in here. He would be in trouble if he gets caught.

But after a while, I was pleasantly surprised yet again at his cultivation level and his sword talent. He looked at ease defending my attacks even when I increased my pace as well as complaining how unfair I was on treating him like this. He grinned looking at my solemn face. "Lets stop here. You are at the same age of mine right? Let me call you Lan Wangji then," he states as he defends yet another attack. With my white clothes floating in the air and his black robes dancing in the wind, we sure made an attractive scene with no audience to watch. 

Fighting without permission is prohibited in cloud recess, with that thought I hurriedly broke one of his jar. He complains loudly, "I haven't even had the chance to taste, yet you broke one of my precious jar," he looks down as if he is going to cry at any moment now. "Lan Zhan, you should pay for my alcohol," he puts up a tantrum like a child I have seen outside cloud recess. I pay no mind to his words.

But, what's with calling me Lan Zhan? No one ever dared to...

By chance, as we fought, we ended up in front of the Wall Of Rules. "Turn around," I order him. After some hesitation he turned around. His face visibly paled as his mouth opened in shock. "Alcohol is prohibited in here," I state.

"What is this?"

"Rules of Gusu Lan clan"

I expected him to drop the jar and apologize, but what I didn't expect from him is him jumping to the wall yet again. "I will drink here then, I am not exactly breaking the rule right?" he says as he laughs at my face. "I have heard about Hanguang jun as we reached this place. They all said I am lucky to meet him, but they sure are lucky not to meet you," he states with his straight face. Looking at his expression now...It doesn't suit him.

His aura totally changes according to his mood, and it is not awkward at all. Its just him being natural.

"Why?" I ask him, genuinely confused of when I started to care about others opinion.

"Because they don't know, the person they admire is one hell of a cold, ruthless, and a unreasonable one," he states as he takes another gulp of the wine, pouring half of it on his own robes too.

"Silly and clumsy," I mutter to myself as I wait for him to finish the jar, before dragging him into the hall to meet uncle and brother, not forgetting to put a silencing spell to stop him from speaking nonsense.

I, for some reason don't like him calling me an unreasonable one. I don't want him to be the common people who judges someone before they come to know the said person.

 When brother explained to him about the rules and how strict we are, he was still complaining, how I don't speak more than few words and how I didn't explain the situation well at all.

"Since you broke the rules, there is still a punishment. Wangji?" brother asked me what is the punishment. Generally, for breaking the rules, they are to kneel down for a day or in worst case get whipped with a paddle. But since he clearly didn't know the rules and he broke it, and only I know he broke the rules even after knowing it...I was confused again.

"Copy rules, 300 times" I declared. Never once thought this punishment for him changed my whole life.

 He was still continuing on how unfair I am when, "Wangji didn't tell you that he allowed your brother and sister.." my brother starts telling him what I did, but I interrupted him. 

Wei Ying main concern was his shijie, so once he got the gist of what I did his whole tone changed. "Lan Zhan, you did allow them to enter," he states softly with guilt as he takes a step towards me. His aura changed so suddenly from fierce to someone being so wronged. I take a step back without realizing why myself, but he thought I did it to avoid him.

"Lan Zhan, I am trying to apologize here," he says with a drag in his tone, making it sound childish but also sincere. Not knowing what is wrong with me, I clutch my sword tightly in my left hand. 

He is cute, mature, childish and loud at the same time.

**********

He was a disturbance in my silent life I totally crave for.