(Book 2)Driven Out

Lan Xichen POV

"Where is Wangji, uncle?" I ask as I enter his room to see him sitting alone in a daze. His gaze slowly lifts from the table to my face and it takes him a few seconds to recognize me and my question. 

What just happened?

Uncle gulps slowly making me nervous with his reaction. He never really grows speechless, he may get angry, but never speechless. "I think I have driven out Wangji," he says finally avoiding my gaze. I am confused yet I know he did something to finally snap Wangji's last thread of him being here.

"What happened uncle?" ask him with my voice calm.

"Talked to him about marriage. He said he loves that boy and walked away telling him he is going to follow wherever the chaos is," he finishes as he supports his forehead with his right hand. I shake my head not knowing what else to do. Wangji has restrained himself to be in cloud recess for very few reasons. 

One it is his home, but it never had many happy memories except for the time Wei gongzu was here. Two, his respect for uncle as he was the one who raised us. Three for me because he doesn't want me to be alone. But the major factor he is here after Wei gongzu death is to protect Lan Yuan.

"It is okay uncle," at least he will be himself out there.

I start the search to find Wangji, he will be in his room or with the rabbits out in the forest. I directly search in the forest as my instinct said he will be there and he is. "Will meet often, just not every day," he says as he sits in the center of almost dozens of rabbits. His personal favorite is the black one gifted by Wei Ying, that one is so lucky to always get the first bite to first pat from Wangji. I am sure other rabbits are jealous of it.

"I have heard about your decision from uncle," I speak, taking steps towards him. He nods his head looking back. "I will take Sizhui and classmates for practice some days," he informs me. That is the one way of spending time with him though subtly.

I accept his request. "I will be leaving in a while," he says after a while of silence. I nod my head acknowledging it. I have never thought my brother would be able to love someone so deeply to the point of leaving everything behind. He is trying to separate himself from the world with his main goal being to find Wei gongzu.

 If Wei gongzu was here, he would proudly say that it is him that can make the great Lan er gongzi become this way with a barbarous laugh. 

It is true, only he can make him this way. I know Wangji was affected by Wei Wuxian's behavior but never thought it was in this way. He loved him wholeheartedly, the drawback being Wangji couldn't express it to him before death and the probability of Wei gongzi thinking Wangji hated him is so high which adds to the guilt list.

He suddenly stands up getting my attention. "Then I am leaving brother," he bids me farewell with a salute. I didn't convince him to stay and I know he won't, so I bid him farewell with good wishes.

Now that Wangji is gone and probably will come back from time to time, I will miss my brother. But I know he needs this for himself. I look at the rabbits to see them staring at Wangji back. He didn't turn back, he just moved forward.

I sigh. Things are going to be tough from now on...