One good man

Spencer's alarm woke you up the next morning. Unlike most of the past men you have dated, his alarm was peaceful but loud enough to wake you up. Other men would have chose an alarm that Blair's and wakes everyone but there selves. But Spencer is different. He is serene. Over these past few weeks he had become your comfort person.

"Hi pretty girl" Spencer said his voice still groggy from sleep.

"Good morning Spence." You smiled up at him.

"I have to go for work but I'll be at my apartment later tonight. The case is local so be carful. The unsub is targeting girls around your age. I don't want anything to happen to you pretty girl."

"Don't worry baby I'll be at the hospital today so nothing is going to happen to me." You said as you untangled yourself to put on your scrubs.

"I know you'll be fine but I worry about you." Spencer said rolling over in bed to watch you change.

"He y/n can I ask you something?"

"Anything" Spencer blushed.

"Are we... are you-"

"Your girlfriend?" You asked praying you were right so you weren't embarrassed. "Do you want me to be?"

"Yea- yeah I would really like that if you would." He said laying in his stomach propping his head up on his hands.

Your smile seemed to stretch ear to ear. "Yeah I would really like to be your girlfriend."

"Oh thank god."

"Okay baby now get yourself ready for work." You said giggling.

————————-

Spencer had left the apartment thirty minutes ago. It was now 9:40 and you had to be there by ten. "Shit" you mumbled as you checked your watch. You threw your sneakers on and grabbed your purse and keys and walked out the door.

————————-

It was now 1:10 pm. Your lunch break. You made your way to the cafeteria. You stood in the doorway for a minute watching all the doctors and nurses shuffle around and get in line to eat.

You had just gotten off of a case of necrotizing fasciitis and didn't think you could stomach anything at the moment. You decided to call Spencer to see how his day was going.

After 3 rings Spencer answered his phone.

"Hey baby what's going on?"

"Nothing I'm on my lunch break and figured my voice would brighten up your day." You joked.

Spencer stifled a laugh threw the phone. "Yeah your voice did brighten up my day. Or maybe it's this coffee I'm drinking."

"You know what I might just hang up on you." You giggled.

"Do it I dare you."

"Not funny. I have to go back to work I have a 7 hour surgery with Goodwin."

"Alright bye baby stay safe"

"Bye" you hung up.

————————

It was now 10 pm and you were sitting in your car about to drive home when you got a text from Emily.

Em: hey girl do you wanna get a drink tonight and you can tell me how it's going with Spencer?

You: ofc girl sounds good let me tell Spence I'm not going to get to his apartment till later tonight.