You left without a goodbye

WARNING: this chapter gets kind of dark!there is a death so be prepared! I promise the next chapter will be more light hearted!

"We've talked about the feeling of impending doom you get before a disaster. But where never talked about when you don't see it coming."

"At one point your living your life, sitting on the couch you share with your brother, the next your getting a call that he's dead in a head on collision."

"And don't even get me started about when you show up to your boyfriends works and his hot dilf boss tells you he's still alive and just doesn't care about you." You chucked at your words although the hospital therapist didn't find you amusing.

"Have you talked to Spencer, since that day?" Your therapist reached out a comforting hand to console you.

"I wanted too. I told him he needs to make it up too me. I guess I thought that meant he would call first." You rarely opened up to people but your therapist seemed to know all your thoughts right as they popped into your head. 

"You need to call him. I'm sure he thinks you just need space. He's trying to give you that." She smiled sheepishly.

Just like that your walls were up again. You new it was what you needed to hear, but not what you wanted to hear.

You glared down at your watch. "Oh look it's about time for our session to be up!"

Wait, you weren't wearing a watch.

You shuffled out of the room as quick as possible. Your therapist called after you but you new she had other people to treat. Some love struck intern goes to see her a lot. Apparently she stuck her hand In a body cavity with a bomb, but hey, I'm not judging.

You thought about your therapists words. What if you called Spencer and he just hung up on you? What if you called him but he's already slept with some other chick and hates you now?

So many questions. So many scenarios. Your head felt flooded. You needed something to take your mind of off all of the drama.

As fast as you wished for a distraction, another intern dragged you into trauma 1.

"John Doe blunt tramua to the head and collapsed lung." The intern said confidently.

"You Whats your name?" You asked the intern as you checked for breath sounds.

"Alex Karev nice to meet you." He threw you a smirk that made you uncomfortable.

Okay karev get me yang and O'Malley. Heard he did heart surgery in a elevator! How cool is that?!" You smiled without looking up from your patient.

Alex scoffed "we'll then what should I do?" He stated In A sassy tone.

"Sutures." He stared coldly before storming out. You could tell he had plenty of potential, you just wanted him to gain his confidence back after the elevator incident before he stepped foot in your operating room.

Luckily, the pneumothorax wasn't severe. It could heal with lots of rest. Although the poor guy needs brain surgery, and his face is all cut up. You just hoped someone could identify the guy before he goes into surgery.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

You sat in a empty hospital room. The air felt Heavy and the darkness was solemn. The only light came from the cracks In the blinds and the shine from your phone.

Don't think about it y/n. Just do it.

You hesitated before pressing Spencer's contact. Your phone rang 7 times before you heard his voice.