십육~ Run

Author POV

Yoora spoke, "Jungkook..."

"Yeah?"

"I'm having a lot of fun tonight, but ever since I stepped on that elevator, I couldn't help but think about our past. I know that it's in the past for a reason, but I don't know if I'll ever forget what you've done to me."

Jungkook kept his eyes on the road.

"I knew this was too good to be true." Jungkook replied

"What?" Yoora asked.

".....I'm glad that your having fun. It's just, I'm not used to us being out like this. I know I still have a lot to learn, and I may say the wrong things, but I don't mean them."

"Wow Jungkook, If you would've thought like this when we were younger, I'd still be yours."

"Still?"

"Jungkook, come on. You know I liked you in high school."

Jungkook sat silent; staring at Yoora, confused.

"You did, didn't you?" She asked.

"Well, I didn't think you would like someone like me." He replied.

"Oh Jungkook, that's nonsense."

"I didn't know that you were 'mine' either. Now that I think of it, I used to think you liked Kenny."

"Kenny?! What! What made you think that!?" Yoora asked, shocked.

"I don't know, I just didn't think you liked me. I wish you would've told me back then. Things could have been different."

"Yeah, but I think I kinda like where things are going between us." Yoora said.

"Really?"

"I don't know....I think we are heading one way, and then you do something really stupid and we go a different direction."

Jungkook's expression dimmed.

"Wait, so you really think we can work?" Jungkook asked.

"I don't know. You are my high school crush and all, but you've changed Jungkook, for the bad."

"Yeah, I get that a lot." He said.

"I'm scared that if I get too close to you that you'll ruin it." Yoora said.

"Wait Yoora, I know I mess up a lot but I'm not the only one. Don't you think you overreact sometimes? Like when I called you months ago? I truly just wanted your number so I wouldn't have a talk to you off a rusty motel phone."

"There you go Jungkook, say how you really feel." Yoora said sarcastically, "Its like you only care about yourself."

"What?!?" Jungkook stopped the car, until cars started beeping at him. "Sorry!"

Yoora rolled her eyes.

"You really think that I only care about myself? What makes you think that? All I've been thinking about is you Yoora! I think you've been the only one thinking about yourself! I always try to get closer to you and you shut me down! And yeah, I agree; it tends to be my fault, but it isn't always. Why can't you give me a break? I've spent too many nights thinking of how to get you back! Why are you acting like this?" Jungkook fussed.

"Well, I've been going through some things Jungkook, things you would never understand."

"Oh, like what? You've chipped your nail, or the front desk lady talked you to death? Huh?"