18/04/2020

Day 20 of the lockdown. I slept at 9 yesterday and woke up 3 this morning. I checked the number of COVID-19 cases and it was still at 2.2 million but with deaths, it's into 150000 now. 

You know, it's hard to keep being normal in an abnormal situation like this. Writing this even takes energy and I'm reaching a point where I don't want to read, write or even do anything apart from just lie down and day-dream about possibilities and impossibilities. Anyway, today wasn't that bad. I didn't study for the SAT or do any online course at all, but I was able to learn some new Spanish and practice some ASL. 

It's hard doing the latter because nobody in my family or that I even know of is deaf, but I love the language anyway. I did spend a lot of time reading HP but it wasn't comfortable (it's quite a long story). I didn't have an afternoon nap for reasons I will explain soon. It's a long story

Unfortunately again, I didn't add any lines to my other book. I did talk with a few people on social media although it was one-sided as none of them was even online at the moment I was. I also expected to receive some messages from some people I had previously texted, but I guess expectations on social media (and even life itself) are not always realized. It's almost 7 pm; time for bed. I need to recover for the lost afternoon nap of 3 hours.

Now back to that long story of mine. We ate only once today but it was lunch, not breakfast. By the time my parents had finished begging from place to place, it was already noon (and they left the house at 7:30 am!!!). Knowing they were probably going to spend a long time searching for foodstuffs, they wanted my younger siblings to watch a movie to keep them distracted from hunger. The only problem is that we don't have a TV at home, so it meant they had to use my laptop/desktop as one. And I was also using it at that time for myself. 

There are 2 computers in my house including my pc, but the other one has a sound problem just like mine. The only difference is mine has Bluetooth whiles the other doesn't so I connect my mom's phone through Bluetooth to my pc and use it as a speaker. My mother had left the other one in her locked room because she was using it for her own stuff before she left. 

In a nutshell, my pc was the only one capable of doing what my siblings wanted. So during all the time that they enjoyed themselves, I was left alone doing nothing but wandering aimlessly and just day-dreaming about being in college.

Ok, that's enough for one day. I'm off.