23/04/2020

Day 4 of the liberation. Well, now the lockdown is over, I think this book of mine should be as well. I have decided to add entries until Day 7 of the liberation. On that day, I think I will give an insider into my personal life, but I've not fully decided yet. Today was a good one. For one thing, I ate twice, and I was also happy not to be called to school again today, which meant that my daily routine was not altered. I spent a lot of time practicing the languages and reading HP. I spent so much time doing both things that I completely ignored SAT practice today.

I don't know if I've written this before but I am the living embodiment of over 10000 ideas (or as they have been put into DC comics, characters). I like to live by choosing one of these ideas that befits what I am going through at any point in my life, but as my life in entirety is more like a comedy, I chose Shazam as my lifelong name. At specific times in my life, however, Shazam is temporarily replaced by, let's say, John Constantine, when all I want to think of is being smart and self-centred, or Dr Manhattan when I want to think about the universe, a creator and creations. I even remember becoming Lucifer during my preparation for the now-cancelled A-level exams.

So during my afternoon nap, I had this dream that was beyond comprehension. I had been visited by Dream (the DC lord of dreams) and he was giving me strange advice on a topic I don't clearly remember. All I know is that he told me never to forget something, "In between a smile and a ........., there is always a ............" I can't recall what the two words he said were so I can't fill those spaces, but I hope to see him again on another night to ask. 

I am a lover of quotes. I have made many and I fancy myself to be a good quote-maker because the few who have seen my quotes have spoken nicely about them. I remember how many times I have felt like too much was expected from me and how on one of those days I was feeling that way, I came up with 

"Popularity: the gift that exposes you to so much but keeps you in bondage".

There was also another time I was contemplating the essence of creation and whether there is a creator. After thinking deeply, I made another quote,

"Whenever we feel concerned about what justifies our existence in the universe, we can always redeem ourselves with the fact that even the higher power responsible for us feels the same about itself".

I will probably be speaking more deeply about this quote in my other book. For an update on coronavirus, the outbreak has now infected more than 2.7 million people with the disease claiming about 190,000 lives. In Ghana, there were no new cases (or deaths) of the virus within the last 24 hours.