What now?

Hisoka's POV

I was lost, so lost. I waited in our dorm room the whole afternoon and evening, even skipping Dinner, hoping Illumi would come back. Since he was back at University, he must stay somewhere, right? So our dorm room  would be the most logical place to wait for him. Maybe if I managed to have a calm conversation with the assassin, then I'd find out what had happened. Assassin.. he once told me that he wasn't allowed to have friends? Was that it? Was that the reason why he changed so much within these 9 dreadful days? I guess I can only find that out once I get to talk to him and ask him what exactly happened.

I glanced at my phone. It was 1:30 am. All of my messages were unanswered so I decided to call him. The soulless beeping of the unanswered call was ended with a 'This number is not in service anymore' announcement. I sighed and dropped my phone onto my bed. I put on my shoes and my jacket and headed out. The cold air helped me get a clear mind back, but it was also quite freezing, despite it being an early autumn day. I wondered if Illumi was staying someplace protected from this cold, but I didn't know. I took a walk around the campus and after a while I settled down onto the grass to stare out at the sea, just outside of the university campus.
"Where are you Illumi.. I miss you." I mumbled as I hugged my knees, hiding my face.
"Psh." I winced when I heard this little noise and looked around.
"What the.."
"Psh. Please be quiet." I glanced at the molehill next to me and my eyes widened, when two round orbs, darker than the night stared back at me through a little hole in the dirt.
"Illu-?!" I whispered and he opened up the hole, sticking his head out of the ground. He looked around to see if we were alone, before he began speaking.
"Mhm. Please listen. I'm sorry. My parents set a spy on me and they found out about us. About the fact that we were getting along very well. Luckily not.. y'know.." even in the pitch dark I could tell that he was blushing. "They.. told me not to interact with you anymore. I'm sorry. I.. still like you a lot Hisoka.." now I was the one blushing.
"They punished you, didn't they?" I frowned, cupping his cheek.
"It's nothing.." he muttered. "I didn't stop thinking about wanting to get back to you, that's what kept me sane.." I leaned down and pressed my lips against his and after a short moment I could feel him kiss back. I couldn't help but to smile into the kiss, as I felt that he was resisting to end the kiss, but I still pulled away.
"So what now?"
"Good Question.. I thought about this and I think we should finish university so we get the license and then.."
".. we run away together and work as a Team of Hunters?" I finished his sentence. Illumi blushed and nodded.
"That was all I could come up with."
"Sounds like a good plan to me." I smiled. "But what about your parents?"
"I don't mind killing them if I have to."

Illumi's POV

"Sounds like a good plan to me. But what about your parents?"
"I don't mind killing them if I have to." I saw Hisoka's eyes widening slightly when I said this, with my usually cold demeanor.
"Illu.. are you sure..? You shouldn't have to kill your parents, just to be with me.." he muttered softly. I finally felt like no one was close by in a wide radius so I climbed out of the hole and straddled Hisoka's lap. My hands rested on his chest as a explained.
"It'd be for you. It'd be for us. But it'd also be for my siblings and me and for everything my parents did to us. They manipulated, punished and humiliated us, just to have perfect little assassins. But I'm not playing their little game anymore. I'm done playing their obedient pet and by making their children perfect little assassins, they dug their own grave. Taking me away from you was their biggest mistake." I leaned in and pressed my lips against Hisoka's, roping him into a deep kiss.
"W-Wow Illumi.. that's a sudden change of attitude in comparison to just a few hours ago." The redhead smiled awkwardly.
"I had to improvise and play the role. I'm sure we were watched by another spy, my parents had set on me. Sorry, I was quite harsh.." I pursed my lips, looking down. Hisoka tilted up my chin and kissed me again.
"It's alright, I'm just glad you're back.. I'm just glad I didn't lose you."
"Me too.. I'm so.. happy to be with you again.." I smiled slightly and a tear of happiness rolled down my cheek. "I love you."
Hisoka's cheeks flushed bright red and he grinned brightly
"I love you too, Illumi." He leaned in and kissed me tenderly, pulling me closer by my hips as I wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing back sweetly.

After a while of enjoying each other's company and affection, the redhead spoke up again.
"So what now..?"
"You mean what we do from now on until graduation? Stay away from each other in public, acting like we don't talk and behind closed doors.. we can do whatever we want..~" I let my hand glide down his chest and slipped it under his shirt as I played with the hem of his sweatpants. I felt him shiver and his cheeks were flushed.
"But only stuff you're ready for.." Hisoka stuttered and a small smirk played on my usually emotionless lips.
"I craved for you so bad in these 9 days, I think I'm ready for anything~"

Writer's Note: Did I revive anyone that died the previous chapter with this one? I really hope so 😂
Maybe you can tell, but the main story is soon coming to an end, most likely in the next 1 or 2 chapters. Maybe I'll add some content that happens after the ending, but I'm not sure yet 😅
See you next chapter ❤