VIII. promises to the one i love

The summer breezed by quicker than anyone expected it to

The summer breezed by quicker than anyone expected it to. After weeks filled with missions, experimentation, and practice, the time for the Sister School Exchange Event neared. It would begin in 5 days, so the Tokyo students decided to give the last few days a break. After all, they already trained and strategized endlessly.

Although they had made plans together, Gojo had surprisingly announced that Amaya would be accompanying him on his business trip, which he'd return from the morning of the Exchange Event. The girl herself was even shocked at the news.

"Hey! You can't just take her away the moment we give ourselves a break," Kugisaki crossed her arms over her breakfast plate. "We've made plans to go shopping today, out for a meal tomorrow, and other things!"

"It's also impolite to force her on a trip without a warning in advance," Nakajima commented.

Gojo waved them off, "Oh don't worry, you kids will get to bond and have plenty of fun during the Exchange Event! Besides, I'm sure Amaya wouldn't mind tagging along with me, especially if she knew where we're heading."

"But she doesn't know," Maki pointed out.

Haruki hummed, "True that."

The girl spoken about scratched the nape of her neck, hesitant. "They are right, Gojo-sensei. We made plans already. Where would we be going anyway?"

"Well, it's up to you. Do you want to stay here, or come with me to see your beloved Yuta-kun?"

Maki raised her brows, "Yuta? Why would you be going to Kenya?"

"How could I not check in on a student? I was the one who sent him overseas," Gojo smiled. "So, are you in or not, kid?"

Without any argument, Amaya agreed to go. The girl apologized to the others for having to ditch their plans, but she knew that they truly didn't mind. It had been months since she saw Okkotsu in person, since he left for Africa near the beginning of the school year.

Excited, Amaya packed necessities for the short trip, and before she knew it, she and Gojo were on the way to Kenya. But as they arrived, they only had one problem— Where exactly was Okkotsu? Although the boy constantly told Amaya stories about what he was doing overseas, she didn't know the area at all.

So in order to find him, all she had to do was ask him what he was doing that day. Unsuspecting, he happily told her about how Miguel had brought him to a place called Mahaha muzuri Restaurant, and that he was waiting to be served a meal by the man.

Gojo had high-fived Amaya after they figured out where he was. It wasn't too far from the hotel they booked, only a 10 minute walk away. And when they arrived, they passed the crowds of people to finally find Okkotsu and Miguel, sitting at a table across from each other.

"...good. It's like nikujaga."

"Nikujaga? Call it beef stew. Beef stew."

"What are you waiting for?" Gojo encouraged Amaya as they watched Okkotsu indulge in some more food. "Go greet them first, kid."