026. abundance of sorries

it was odd

it was odd. haruki found herself stuck in the same spot, down on a single knee while her hands were shaking. she felt tired, exhausted, even though she hadn't done anything.

she could hear the large fire cackling around her, the heat of it at the moment being able to provide enough warmth to last through a chilly winter in a cabin.

what had really gotten her was the fact that she couldn't even bat an eye at what she wanted. her eyes remained on the ground beneath. dirt messed up with pebbles and other grime such as blood.

her body ached in different spots, but now haruki wasn't even sure if it was only deprivation of energy. she realized that it had hurt like a deep gash.

"pathetic, and this is what you call saving me? there is going to be none of that. whatever you're holding on to is long gone."

she heard a voice coldly say, but the girl didn't know who it was. haruki desperately wanted to look up, to know what was even happening at the moment, but her body refused.

instead, it had moved on its own.

haruki watched and felt her body crash onto the ground, hand scratching at the dirt in an attempt to get up. the cursed energy reserves were gone and nothing could be done.

deep red soaked the light brown ground, color slowly spreading bit by bit. her hand was pale and trembling as it had been reached to cover her eye briefly before going back onto the ground.

"i'll free you..." she heard a voice that was so similar to her own coming from her body. it had her confused. why did she sound different than usual?

'this person... is this even me?'

"you'll be-" the woman who haruki was seeing life through coughed on her own blood, "y-you'll be stopped from causing this. we'll free you from the hell you're trapped in."

haruki had shot straight up with a gasp. just what did she see? that brief dream, or what could be a memory, just what was it? who was in it? and just why did she see it?

"we'll free you from the hell you're trapped in. what does that even mean?" she reached a hand to her head, not noticing the males staring at her.

they didn't have to announce themselves when haruki looked herself, glancing at the two to her right. okkotsu had laid the couple right next to each other. itadori had also woken up a moment before with the jacket that was once wrapped around him on his lap now.

bloodstains were splotched on the white tee from the wounds okkotsu had given to him. speaking of, the blue-eyed second year sat on a large piece of rubble. the three of them were actually surrounded by it, the size being little or large.

the fire in front of them was too cool compared to the roaring heat haruki could feel in that weird dream. there, it was blazing like she never thought to feel.