V. swan song

Finding Kugisaki was easier than the duo thought it would be

Finding Kugisaki was easier than the duo thought it would be. Similar to the space she was stuck in earlier, Kugisaki was found in a dark space of what seemed to be nothing but herself and some cursed spirits. After Fushiguro saved her using one of his shikigami, the group fled the scene.

They returned outside to Ijichi, who took the orange-haired girl into his arms and placed her in the back of the car. While he did so, Haruki kept her eye on the detention center. They made sure to give Itadori the signal right after they left, but her gut continued to swirl. The more time that passed, the more she regretted leaving.

"What will you do?" Ijichi asked Fushiguro.

"I'm going to stay," he answered. "If things go wrong, it's my responsibility to finish him."

Haruki's eyes flickered over to the boy's figure

Haruki's eyes flickered over to the boy's figure. All she could do was hope that things wouldn't have to come down to that. Although Itadori's execution had been set up, she refused for it to happen any time soon. As long as her heart was beating, she wouldn't give up. But as for his death under different circumstances... that territory was something she didn't even want to consider.

"After I take Kugisaki to the hospital, I'll be back as soon as I can," ijichi informed them.

"No," Fushiguro leaned back, "you won't make much of a difference anyway. To really help, you could ask them to send a sorcerer who's 1st grade or higher. If one was around."

"I'll try my best," Ijichi rolled up the window, "later."

With Ijichi driving Kugisaki away, Haruki and Fushiguro were left alone to wait for Itadori. They walked further beyond the entrance as they waited. Eventually, the presence of the special grade ceased. Haruki took a step forward.

"Can you do me a favor, Megumi? Well, it's more like a selfish request," Haruki spoke up. The male looked at her and hummed, so she continued, "Unless the situation has you or anyone else in danger, please hold off on killing Yuji. If someone has to do it... then I want it to be me. I want to be the one that puts an end to his life."

"How romantic of you," the pair went stiff at the voice. "There's no reason to be scared. I'm in such a good mood right now, so let's just chat for a bit."