IX. dead man walking

The day of the Exchange Event had finally arrived

The day of the Exchange Event had finally arrived. Standing near the entrance of the school, most of the Tokyo students stood waiting for the Kyoto students. Everyone besides Kugisaki, who was running late. Amaya, who only arrived back from Africa 2 hours ago, hummed in curiosity.

"I wonder what's taking her so long."

"She kept rambling about Kyoto while you were gone, especially yesterday. Do you think the thought of fighting against them is somehow making her nervous?" Nakajima suggested.

"Doesn't seem like her," both Haruki and Megumi responded.

"She's more likely praying on their downfall than that," Maki placed her hand on her hip.

Eventually, the orange-haired second year showed up with an extra bag and suitcase. Confused, the other students stared at her and questioned why she had the unnecessary luggage.

 Confused, the other students stared at her and questioned why she had the unnecessary luggage

"Hey," she dropped the magazine in her hand, "why are you guys all empty-handed?"

"I think the real question is why you have all that stuff," Panda pointed at her pink suitcase.

"Wait a sec. Aren't we all traveling today? For our Exchange Event with our sister school in Kyoto."

Haruki decided to speak up and explain so the ginger would understand, "The Exchange Event with the Kyoto school will take place here in Tokyo."

"NO FREAKIN' WAY!"

"That explains why she hasn't been making any sense lately," Maki stared as Kugisaki continued to yell out curses.

"Salmon."

Panda interrupted the girl's screaming fest, "The previous year's winner always hosts it."

"So why'd you have to go and win it!?" Kugisaki grabbed the cursed corpse in anger, sending a deadly glare his way. Her plans of exploring Kyoto and all its glory were ruined.

"It wasn't us; we weren't even in it last year! They only put in Yuta so the numbers would match up!"

"We were told that Tokyo dominated the Kyoto students by a landslide," Amaya recalled.