024. don't say what you don't mean

MANGA SPOILERS FROM THIS POINT ON

itadori didn't necessarily know what to do at this point anymore

itadori didn't necessarily know what to do at this point anymore. after being healed up, washed off, and also getting some rest, the boy sat on a staircase inside one of the buildings.

haruki walked up the steps and knelt right in front of the shirtless boy to place a dark grey jacket in his lap. the boy looked at the item and was soon pulling it over his head while she sat next to him.

the female had also changed her top, wearing a dark blue hoodie and black pants. her stockings had been ripped up too but she didn't care until the cold had begun to be a bother.

"so what do we do now?" the light green-haired girl asked gently.

the boy was lost in his mind, twisting the ring that was always worn on the ring finger of his right hand. the exact same copy of the ring that haruki wore on her necklace.

"for when you leave to tokyo, please don't forget about me," haruki grinned at itadori's innocence and the ring given to her, "that's also why the ring could be a reminder about the other!"

maybe it would be the time to really use it as a reminder?

"haru," he called for the girl. she looked over at him, seeing the way he was biting his lip and not being able to look in her eyes for long. he was hesitating to say those words, "i... i think..." itadori exhaled, "i think we should brea-"

a hand covering his mouth prevented itadori from finishing what he was going to say. haruki's eyes were wide from what the boy was trying to do.

"don't say what you don't mean," haruki removed her hand while standing up and walking down the steps, "don't ever do it."

"i mean it!" she heard itadori yell as she reached the bottom.

that caused haruki to rotate, looking at the pink-haired boy. his fists were clenched and his eyes were on the ground before he looked up to hers.

"me being around you will get you killed. you've actually almost died because of me! many people did die because of me! you! fushiguro! anyone else could be next!" his voice had cracked.

haruki pressed her lips together, "you never killed anyone. everything that happened was sukuna-"

"because i ate him!" itadori argued back, "sukuna was only able to because of me. i killed them all! those innocent people... they died because of me. i wanted to save people, but that was just my excuse for killing them."

the female snapped, "stop that! it's true, sukuna was only able to do it all because you ate his finger, but it was sukuna. if you want to blame everything at where it starts, then is it safe to say you blame humans for being the reason for their deaths? they create the curses that kill them, right? everything is in some connected chain effect, one thing leading to another and coming back around. the world is a cycle of life and death. didn't i tell you that it would be pointless to pin down the blame?"