Chapter 2

Grace's POV
I walked through the forest trying to find something to eat. I heard rustling and immediately pulled my knife out before looking to the right where the rustling came from. It was a deer.

I slowly placed my knife back in its holster and took my rifle. I slowly and quiet got closer to the deer. And when it was the right moment to shoot I shot it.

I walked to the deer and grabbed the leg. I placed the deer over my shoulder and continued to walk trough the forest.

Everyday doing the same. Trying to survive... but for what? There's nothing to live for. I can't even believe why I'm still alive.... that's not even worth it. I have nothing to live for. I have no one. I felt my eyes getting watery. 'I can't cry and I won't cry' was the only thing I thought. I wiped the tear that was about to fall away and looked up.
Dixons don't cry.

2 weeks later
Again. Walking through the forest killing animals and walkers.. nothing new. Suddenly I heard a rustle. I stopped in my tracks. Trying to be as quiet as possible. My hand had a tight grip on my knife as I slowly looked around trying to figure out where the rustle came from. I sighed and continued walking. Then I heard the rustle again. This time it came from behind me. I quickly turned around and had my knife in my hand ready to throw it. Then I heard the familiar groan of a walker.

A walker came out of the bush. I groaned and walked to the walker stabbing it in the head. I placed my knife back in my holster. I turned around to continue walking but then I heard people yelling and gunshots. I ran to the direction it came from and saw a few people killing walkers. I narrowed my eyes and hid behind a bush. They also had a baby and a boy at my age.... It's long ago since I've seen someone at my age.

I looked at everyone of this "group". Every move they did. They seemed very skilled with what they were doing. Should I help them? No. I couldn't trust them. I didn't even know them. I turned around to walk away but something inside of me told me to help them. But my mind kept telling me to go away. Should I help them? Or should I listen to my mind?

I rolled my eyes and came out of the bushes. I threw my knives at the walkers and I almost killed every single walker. The group was shocked and they stopped fighting for a moment. They watched me for a few seconds but then continued. After a few minutes every walker was dead.

I pulled my knives out of the skulls and turned around to walk away but someone stopped me. "Who are you?!" Someone snapped. I turned around and looked at the man. He had a beard and brown curly hair. I didn't respond. He took out his gun and pointed it at me and started yelling. "I said who are you?!" he yelled. I still didn't say anything for a moment, I just looked at everyone. They were all waiting for my response. A few took out there guns. I looked back at the man. He was mad and he still pointed his gun at me.

"What? Are you going to shoot me now? Is that your 'thank you' for saving your asses?!" I snapped at him. It was quiet for a moment. The man looked back at his group but then looked back at me. I crossed my arms.
"Have you been watching us?!" he said a little calmer.

I raised my eyebrow. "Of course. I've been watching you all day long doing whatever. Dude come on, even in this world there are things that are more interesting than watching some people trying to survive just like me" I said rolling my eyes.

He gave me an intimidating look but it didn't intimidate me at all. I gave him the same look and he put his gun back in his holster.

"Do you have a group?" He asked.
I scoffed and looked at everyone again. They all seemed as if they've been through a lot, just like me.. Everyone was looking at me but I noticed someone digging holes in the side of my head. I looked at the person and it was the boy at my age. He wore a hat and had a baby in his arm.

"I asked you something" the man said. I looked back at the man before I turned around to walk away. "Hey!" He said. I rolled my eyes but kept walking.

"What's your name?" I heard someone ask again... but it wasn't the man. I stopped and turned around and my eyes landed on the boy. I sighed. Will they keep asking me these stupid questions? "Grace" I answer. It felt weird to say my name again. I haven't said my name for years now.

Then I heard rustling and I grabbed my knife. The others pulled they're guns out and pointed them to the direction where the rustle came from. "I brought dinner" a very familiar voice said. The others put they're guns back in the holster and I looked at them confused. A man came out of the bushes with a deer and squirrels in his hands. I looked at his face and my heart literally stopped beating. He turned his head and saw me.

"Daryl, this is-"
"Grace" dad said interrupting the man with the beard.
"Dad" I said and dropped my knife. He starts running to me and I did the same. We hugged each other tight and I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I never thought that I'll ever be in his arms again. We pulled away and he looked at me. He had tears in his eyes but he tried very hard not to let them out. He wiped my tear away with his thumb and kissed my forehead before hugging me again.

"I missed you so much Dad" I whisper.
"I missed ye too, G, I missed ye too" He said.

When he said "G" I got goosebumps. He always called me like that. It was like a nickname for me, because I never really liked the name 'Grace'.

"I'm so glad you're alive... I-I can't believe it" he whispered the last part.

He pulled away and looked at me from head to toe. "I never thought I'd ever see ye again. You're so tall already" he said making me chuckle and I looked at him. "I love you Dad" I said. He smiled and hugged me again. "I love ye too"