Chapter 7

Grace's POV
Rick send us all in a group to look for the RV Aaron talked about.
I was in a group with Dad, Glenn, Maggie, Rosita, Abraham, Carl and Noah. The rest is keeping watch around the house we've been staying in. Rick is inside the house with Aaron and Judith.

Currently I'm talking to Carl, he's telling me a story about an embarrassing moment that had happened before the apocalypse. He finishes and I crack up laughing. "No way!" I say out loud and laugh. Everyone's attention is now on us. "Hey!" Abraham says. He puts a finger on his mouth telling us to be quiet and points to the bushes. I immediately shut my mouth and start to focus on what we are doing.

The bush starts to rustle but I already know it's a walker. I grab my knife and make my way to the bush.
"Grace don't!" I hear dad say through gritted teeth. I turn around and look at him. But immediately turn back to the bushes and make my way into it. I walk through the bushes and look around. Nothing. I glance behind me to look at the group but I couldn't see them because the bushes are so high.

Suddenly, weird feeling.

I immediately turn around to face a walker and I stab my knife right in time in its skull. I look around to look if here's something or someone else, before walking back to the group.

Daryl's POV
Grace walks into the bushes. I'm not very sure about letting her go, what if it's not a walker? But someone of Aaron's group. "Grace don't!" I say. She turns to look at me but then turns back around and continues walking. Damn she's stubborn.

I start walking towards her but someone grabs my shoulder and lightly pulls me back, I look at the person. Carl. He shook his head telling me not to. I really should do what a little boy tells me? I grunt.

"She can do that, you know that." Carl whispers. I hesitate but stand still. I look back to the bushes and then hear something fall to the ground behind the bushes. Silence.

I make my way towards the bushes before Grace walks out with a bloody knife in her hand.

"Just a walker" she says in a chill tone. I raise my eyebrow. I can't believe how grown up she already is. I remember when she used to play with dolls and walk around wearing princess dresses and the two cute little ponytails she used to have on each side of her head. Her green eyes didn't change though.

But when I look at her now. She's so grown up, she's so much taller. Still short though. Her beautiful green eyes didn't change, they're just like they always have been. They're just like her mothers. Her long brown hair is falling over her chest almost touching her butt. Her already womanly body. Even though she's sixteen. She's already like a woman, not playing with dolls anymore but killing walkers like a badass, and catching the attention of boys like Carl. Does Carl think I don't notice how he looks at her? Damn he wants her. I'm not stupid, I see and notice all that. Everybody does. And Grace noticed that too. But as long as he doesn't touch her it's okay. She might be a little grown up but she's still too young for boys. I can understand why she caught his attention. She's my beautiful, all grown up daughter.

She's isn't scared of anything, she's strong. I'm so proud of her, and Merle would be too.
-
-
-
-
I'm sorry very short chapter but the next one will be way longer, I promise.